is there anyway to extend the amount of character i can type in a sms ... BlackBerry Curve forum

rey85 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3024d4df

Question soured over the limit in characters

Advertisement

is there anyway to extend the amount of character i can type in a sms msg? sometime i just cant get my point accros in jut 150 or whatever it is characters and opening a new type to continue is sucha pain.

is there something i can do to fix this?
    My greatest enemy is my inner me.

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Hey, use a translator and inject some international flair by injecting a foreign phrase or two!

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    Nope. Use more than one sms. Sms by its nature is limited. Try an email, u can send as much as u want. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro
    First, the number of characters allowed in a single SMS message is determined by the SMS medium, not by the BlackBerry. The Character Limit is actually 1120 BITS which is 160 7 bit characters, or 70 Unicode characters. I'm not sure why you have a 150 character limit, but read on.

How SMS works on a BlackBerry seems to be driven more by the provider than by the BlackBerry. Some users see X/6 when they compose an SMS message on a BlackBerry along with the current message's character count. The BlackBerry will automatically break up a long message into up to six 160 character messages, but this seems to be dependant on the provider.

Since you're at 150 characters with no multiple messages, it's probably because of the way your provider has implimented SMS.

Check out this post on another way to send SMS messages...
    JerryD

misterrx no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31A53A3E
    Try uttilizing the MMS instead. It allows more data to be sent. You do not need to sende a pic or anything but words if want. Make sure other persons can receive pics without extra fees because some carriers limit mms messages.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    3024d4df
    its actaully 140 character (sorry) and im aware of the mms but its sucha pain to remmber if the person im sending a text to has a good plan or not. if it cant be done ill just stick to sms. which sucks but whatever i got time

PIN/ID
    3024d4df
    do you guys know why i can install live messenger on my 8330 (telus) but when i try to sign in it says this service not enbled for this device???

josephcaraccio no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31a987a7
    Use teleflip:

Compose an e-mail to #ofperson@teleflip.com and the e-mail will be forwarded to the persons phone as text messages. This allows you to type as much as you want in one message plus it is free if you don't have an unlimited texting plan.