I get sos on my att 8310 all the time at my house now,i never ... BlackBerry Curve forum

thasiccest13 no está en línea Stack level 2

Question SOS all the time, HELP please

Advertisement

I get sos on my att 8310 all the time at my house now,i never used to.... It goes to sos, most times i can go to manage connections and turn off "mobile netowrk" then turn it back on and it comes back to service for a little while then it goes back to sos.... even if the phone has 3 bars it goes to sos... this is my 3rd 8310 the first never did this, the second sometimes, and this phone alot of the time? My roomate has the same phone and his almost never goes into sos? My other roomate has the same phone and NEVER has gone into sos? i have gone into the store and got a new sim card, that didnt help!
    Should i downgrade back to the att firmeware? that doesnt make a difference right?
    Please help i miss a lot of calls/emails/text that i need for work?
    Thanks you,
    Eric

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Re: SOS all the time, HELP please

Ok first try upgrading to the newest firmware, if that didn't work, try getting a new 8310, because you said you've already tried replacing the sim card. If that didn't work, I would consider getting a signal booster. Goodluck

I've had this issue with my 8300 a while back, when I used to have my 8700g signal was fine and it rarely drop, when I switched to 8300, I kept on getting sos. Now, with the 8320, problem solved because of WiFi.

this is my 3rd 8310 and 4th sim card? i am on the newest software offered for the 8310? i have no idea, do those signal booster really work, i heard they were a scam?
    thanks

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

don't get signal booster it is a scam. If you're on your 3rd BB and 4th SIM card then I would have to say it would be a network issue or something along those lines.

BluesDrive no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241BC149

1) does your roommate have the same carrier?

if not, you should check their website to see if they cover where your house would be.

neezy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2442ABB1

I get SOS on my 8310 more than I ever did on my 8320. And I NEVER used my WiFi. It's an ATT phone w TMo, but that shouldn't matter. GSM is GSM.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187 View Post
    don't get signal booster it is a scam. If you're on your 3rd BB and 4th SIM card then I would have to say it would be a network issue or something along those lines.
    This signal booster works, but a little expensive though.

http://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Exten.../dp/B000E14G7S

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by flash24 View Post
    This signal booster works, but a little expensive though.

http://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Exten.../dp/B000E14G7S
    Oh I thought you were referring to those stupid things you stick on your phone.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

A true signal booster does work and they are pricey. True signal boosters use powered amplifiers to boost the signal to a higher wattage. The little sticker that was being sold for 19.99 on TV is (in my opinion) a joke.

Zo

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

Quote Originally Posted by BluesDrive View Post
    1) does your roommate have the same carrier?

if not, you should check their website to see if they cover where your house would be.
    What's the answer to the "are your roommates using the same carriers" question? If they are, have you tried putting the phones side by side to see if they both register sos. If they are not, have you contacted your carrier - they will often make a "trouble ticket" and come out and check the coverage especially if it's supposed to be good in your location.

I've had sos problems in a specific locations that, a couple of months before, were perfect strong signals - now it's ALWAYS sos. Don't eliminate the fact that carrier's signal strenths sometimes change for the worse like happened in my case.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by Amigotek View Post
    A true signal booster does work and they are pricey. True signal boosters use powered amplifiers to boost the signal to a higher wattage. The little sticker that was being sold for 19.99 on TV is (in my opinion) a joke.

Zo
    Yeah, those sticker things don't really work. They're a rip off.

Yes all my roomates are on att as well, infact we are all using a family plan and my number is the main number on the account!
    The phones have been side by side andstill mine goes into sos mode!!!
    i dont know whats going on?
    thanks

acrimsontide no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by thasiccest13 View Post
    Yes all my roomates are on att as well, infact we are all using a family plan and my number is the main number on the account!
    The phones have been side by side andstill mine goes into sos mode!!!
    i dont know whats going on?
    thanks
    I think I would call AT&T on this issue. If your friends are on the same network and same location, your service should be the same.

seattlepolis no está en línea Stack level 2

could it be the gate for the sim is not locked in place and the chip periodically looses connection? Would think in that case it would flash 'insert sim' but who knows.

martinrrrr no está en línea Stack level 1

Try Options, Advanced Options, Host Routing Table, hit the Menu button and Register. If you can't register because you are not getting a signal then click on the waiting to register option. Back out/save and pull the battery. That helped for me a couple of weeks ago when I was in a similar situation as you are in.