Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I had a problem where my 8320 battery was completely dying every night. I had ... BlackBerry Curve forum

vassago47 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Something is draining my battery

Advertisement

I had a problem where my 8320 battery was completely dying every night. I had loaded lots of apps via OTA, and had set the Auto on/off. I noticed that the BB wasn't shutting down properly, and was stuck displaying a bright screen, with T-Mobile logo, until the battery ran out.

I uninstalled apps one after another, and let the auto on/off go. At the risk of being hugely unpopular on these forums, after uninstalling the PINStack forum OTA download, my BB stopped draining the battery while attempting to shutdown.

If that doesn't work for your particular case, you might try to backup and only restore the things you need on a freshly wiped BB.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    Quote Originally Posted by krosli View Post
    Hey guys. I have the same problem as well. I have the 8800. When I leave my BB to charge, it will tell me it is full. But when I check my BB at the end of the day, my battery is almost half gone. Can't tell what is causing it. Any comments or suggestion will be appreciated.
    If you run it all day off the charger of course your batt will be drained.

On a side note, our batteries don't suffer from the memory effect.

Brimart no está en línea Stack level 1

I am using some of Haydens ideas and they seem to be working. I moved from a Pearl to the Curve and the batt does drain fast on the Curve (imo). Thanks again to Hayden!!

etiennes no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2522E758

Quote Originally Posted by squeakr View Post

I couldn't find out which device the OP has (just said Curve) and maybe I missed the specifics, but if the OP has the 8310, having the GPS on will definitely kill the battery in the time period described, and even sooner. Others whom have had the same thing with the 8310, have found that if they installed Berry411 and didn't change the location setting to home (from the default GPS installation settings) that it would try to contact the GPS periodically and the battery died rather quickly (even though BB411 didn't appear to be running).
    I can attest to the fact that the GPS can be a big drain on the battery, have had massive power drains and once I closed the GPS app the problem was solved.

jaymzb0nd no está en línea Stack level 3

my battery started doing this yesterday. the last two days i've barely used the phone and by 5pm the battery is in the red. i guess i'll need to buy a new battery

Sci-Tek no está en línea Stack level 4

how old is the battery? if this occured within warranty (in norway warranty for accessories are 1year (batteries), and phone itself 3 years).

s16ri no está en línea Stack level 5

Since I put lots of stuff in my BB (especially those data-hungry apps), I noticed the battery looses its juice very fast not to mention the size of space left . Maybe it's time to get one extra battery

Quote Originally Posted by Sci-Tek View Post
    how old is the battery? if this occured within warranty (in norway warranty for accessories are 1year (batteries), and phone itself 3 years).
    i've had the phone for about 3 months

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

That doesn't seem old, but could be defective. I would try rebooting the phone and running it without starting apps like gmail or jivetalk and see how it is. Also, how is your signal strength? If its really low the phone may use more power trying to pull in a signal.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

thanks. that's the thing, the first day i was in an area with bad service so i assumed that the problem was the phone using power trying to find service but yesterday i was at home where although i have bad service, i have a UMA (then again it always goes down so it could be that too). i'll wait it out a couple of more days before i do anything. thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12