Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Read the instructions on how to upgrade. You will not connect your device until you ... BlackBerry Curve forum

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator

Advertisement

Read the instructions on how to upgrade. You will not connect your device until you have all the software (Operating System and Desktop Manager) downloaded and instaled on your PC.

Don't worry about AT&T. OS's aren't carrier specific, they're device specific. Locate the most current OS for YOUR device, meaning the 8310, download and install that on your PC. Should happen automatically when you click on the link.

jra2011 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Ok I hope I chose the most recent.. I think I did. Is it absolutely crucial that it's the most recent?

No, it's not.

Ok. Thank you for helping me.. i'm in the middle of the Desktop Manager software installation right now.

Is it possible that my device can be fixed? I'm not sure how common or fixable this whole thing is..

Juls3412 no está en línea Stack level 2
    You download the OS for your phone onto your computer and plug your phone in to the USB cable. Then using the desktop software install the OS onto your phone. This basically puts your phone back to how it was "out of the box".

I wouldn't recommend putting the password back on there unless it is something you'll never forget!!

Yes, hopefully the process we are following now will get your device back up and running. This is not something we haven't seen before, so we'll get you going here in short order!

Oh this is relieving to here this.. I took it to the AT&T store and they said it was finished.. I knew there had to be some way to fix it because I did nothing for it to crash.

So forgetting the password and all this happening IS common? And this is how you go about fixing it?

Lots of help in the store, huh? Yes, people forgetting their passwords is more common than you would think. Take Juls' advice and forget about the password!

Once the DM has completed its download, reboot your PC, then go to:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\AppLoader and delete the file named vendor.xml. It will be at the bottom of the list.

Then connect your device to the PC via the USB cable, launch the Desktop Manager and you should be prompted to load the new OS onto your device.

I see. Alrighty, well, installing froze on me the first time so I started it over.. should be done here in about 10 minutes. I'll reboot then update on here what's going on.

Ok, found the vendor.xml and deleted it. I'm ready to connect device to the computer.. BUT do I keep the battery in or take it out? What about my SIM card?

Thank you guys so much for helping me.. especially you RoGro

If you have a media card, take that out, but otherwise you can leave the battery and SIM card in.

What about like the memory card thing? Is that what you mean by media card?

Yes, if you have one in the device, it is better to remove it before doing the OS install.

and does the SIM card HAVE to be in? i'm using it in my temporary phone but if it has to be in than it's no problem, but if it doesnt then cool. just let me know..

(thats the last question haha)

Hm. Not really sure, but I don't think it needs to be in for this process.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast