Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Interesting problem that I was wondering if any of you had experienced. I downloaded a ... BlackBerry Curve forum

rextilleon no está en línea Stack level 2

Some Songs Yes, Some No

Advertisement

Interesting problem that I was wondering if any of you had experienced. I downloaded a bunch of songs onto my Curve from same source, same format. About half of them play fine, the others show on the media player, but don't seem to want to play. Any ideas?????

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68

Re: Some Songs Yes, Some Know

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I had lots of problems initially. I have most of my music loaded into WMP at 192 kbps (I thing that's the term). On thing I found that worked for me was if I chose to "convert" per device preferences through the Synch process in WMP. It worked IF I chose 128 kbps. Quality was great and transfer was kust fine. On another note I noticed that right after I transfered the music I could not see it on my BB. Then when I did see it a couple minutes later they wouldn't play. Then I restarted the BB and VOILA! They work!

Keep in mind the the standard media player on BB will not play iTunes format nor will it play any protected music (any music purchased through download services are protected).

Hope this helps.

Re: Some Songs Yes, Some NO

Thanks--my music was paid for and downloaded form Napster----they are WMA files and again many play---other don't. I will take your advice.
    Last edited by rextilleon; 07-15-2007 at 07:52 PM.

Ranz no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by woodi68
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I had lots of problems initially. I have most of my music loaded into WMP at 192 kbps (I thing that's the term). On thing I found that worked for me was if I chose to "convert" per device preferences through the Synch process in WMP. It worked IF I chose 128 kbps. Quality was great and transfer was kust fine. On another note I noticed that right after I transfered the music I could not see it on my BB. Then when I did see it a couple minutes later they wouldn't play. Then I restarted the BB and VOILA! They work!

Keep in mind the the standard media player on BB will not play iTunes format nor will it play any protected music (any music purchased through download services are protected).

Hope this helps.

hey there Woodi have a question on your second paragraph I own a BB pearl - d-loaded a program for it called pearl tunes. I am able to transfer my itunes play list onto my bb. My question- is there a program that can allow the 8300 to play itunes formated songs? And i thought itunes songs are mp3 format!?
    Last edited by Ranz; 07-15-2007 at 05:27 PM.

PIN/ID
    woodi68

Sorry, I was only refering to the native media player that comes on the 8300. I am aware of the iTunes player but don't have any experience. As far as iTunes being im MP3, I know iTunes will play MP3, but if you purchase from iTunes I don't believe they come across in MP3, they come in an iTunes format (I don't recall the tag).

Does the iTunes software allow you to listen to protected music?

I am a bit confused. When I signed up for Napster, they assured me that I could put my purchased songs on the device of my choice (although I am not sure if they support Blackberrys) Some of the music I have purchased goes onto the Curve and plays perfectly. Others are identified in the BB media player, but they don't want to play. All the files are wma's.

the hippie no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

yea there are alot out there that say that but i had the same problem, went thru frostwire and limewire and in 2 days have about 45 songs on my phone and i love it!!

I'm an artist and I don't mess with P2P ripoff sites like Limewire.

the hippie no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

well sorry just a suggestion, it was the only music i hace been able to load on mine, thought it would help
    all my itunes music wouldnt work so whats the point of paying for it if it dont work
    Last edited by the hippie; 07-15-2007 at 10:33 PM.

nsaneone no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24237FED

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I pay for my music through urge and take and then use Tunebite. The I convert from wma to MP3.I haven't had any problems with it not picking up music at all and they are all I think set at 256 bitrate.

Re: Some Songs Yes, Some No

Interesting---What would be the easiest way to convert WMA's to MP3's

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

find a converter to do it for you

http://www.wma-mp3.org/

alevy1122 no está en línea Stack level 2

i think napster uses "plays for sure" digital rights management (drm), which means you can't play those songs on the curve.

it's the same reason tunes purchased on iTunes can't be played on the curve. (though iTunes uses different DRM.)

the workaround for iTunes songs is to burn them to a cd (as audio files), then rip the songs on the cd back into your computer (as mp3 files). burning them to a cd removes the DRM, so once they're ripped back into your computer they're just standard mp3 files that'll play just fine on the curve, or any other audio player.

GBallew no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2404b3a8

I love how we're trying to work around what the RIAA is working so hard to do! I use limewire, and have almost used up my 2 gig card (I need to check but doesn't the curve support the 4 gig??). All of them work perfectly fine.

Have a Nice Day!
    Cingular is now the new at&t

PIN/ID
    woodi68

These are all great tips! I had never researched how to strip the protection from a purchased file. Normally I would avoid such "illegal" practices, but in this case I'm distributing to... MYSELF!

Cool.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast