So I've got about 1.2 gigs worth of songs on a 2 gig media card, ... BlackBerry Curve forum

alevy1122 no está en línea Stack level 2

Some songs on media card not showing up in media player

Advertisement

So I've got about 1.2 gigs worth of songs on a 2 gig media card, but some of the songs refuse to show up in the media player. (All songs are non-DRM mp3 files.)

For example, I've got all my Radiohead songs, but when I open up "Kid A" under "Albums," tracks 3, 8 and 9 refuse to show up in the list.

The weird thing is that with my Curve attached to my computer, the songs DO show up in the Roxio media manager program, and also as files in mass storage mode. So they're definitely on the card.

I tried deleting "Kid A" and then moving all the songs back onto the card, and I'm still having the exact same problem with the exact same songs.

Same thing with "I Might Be Wrong" - according to the media player, tracks 2 and 4 don't exist, though they ARE on the card.

Anyone else having this issue?

kappa_styles no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Some songs on media card not showing up in media player

I had a similar issue.

What I did was search under artist name, then when it asks what album just say all songs.

It should then show you the song. Play it once and then it will show in your list. Not sure if that will help you but it worked for me.

Good luck

Hmmm. Didn't work for me, but thanks for the suggestion - I never would've thought of that..

I'm wondering if maybe there's a problem with the ID3 tags or something that's making some songs unreadable. I'll have to dig into it.

artjr no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31006C6F
    Quote Originally Posted by alevy1122
    Hmmm. Didn't work for me, but thanks for the suggestion - I never would've thought of that..

I'm wondering if maybe there's a problem with the ID3 tags or something that's making some songs unreadable. I'll have to dig into it.
    I had same problem with songs not showing up. What I did was rename some songs to a shorter name. I shorten the song titles on some long titled song names.

rrrebo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240466CA

I agree, the ID3 tags could be corrupted in some way. Have you tried re-ripping some of the missing songs, or re-entering the ID info?

You might also try re-formatting the card using the command from the Blackberry itself, then using mass-storage mode to load the songs onto it again.

I haven't had this problem, wish I could offer more help. This might be a good sticky if you fix it, though.

Osprey no está en línea Stack level 2

Hi - I have owned a Blackberry 8300 Curve for 6 weeks, what a great machine. I successfully downloaded tunes onto the 128mb media card already installed, using it was no problem. 2 weeks ago I bought a 1gb media card and downloaded about 750mb of tunes; this is the card I now have installed all the time. I have several times had a situation where some of the tunes do not show up in the menu of the Blackberry Media Player. My only solution to this problem so far is to switch off the unit, take out the media card and put it back in again. This always "restores" the missing tunes, but is inconvenient. Could this be a problem with the unit or the media card ? Grateful for any help on this. Thanks

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I can't for the life of me figure this one out. I tried renaming the songs, and also using the mp3 tagging function in the bundled Roxio media software to retag the songs, but still certain songs just refuse to show up.

Maybe it's a bug - er, feature??

rrrebo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240466CA

Are the missing songs DRM-protected?

soundsubs no está en línea Stack level 1

This is happening with my curve too. some artists are showing up, but some are not. specifically, they are ones i own the copywrite to (i make music) so the folders arent acting like they should. anyone got a fix for this bugger yet?

-------shane

soundsubs no está en línea Stack level 1

SOLVED: so i downloaded a freeware ID3 tag editor and this worked. i had to enter all the metadata for each mp3 for it to show up in its own directory. this is probably why ripping cd's also works since it does some ID3 tag creation.

all of you out there with this problem do this and it should work.

everything happy!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~in my case it's not the tagging, as I said in an earlier post.

However, I've now discovered that songs that refused to show up DO show up if I make them part of a .m3u playlist.

Very odd - gotta be a bug, I think...

Osprey no está en línea Stack level 2

Hi again - I have tried defragmenting the Media Card, as suggested on this and other forums. This took ages and I dont know if it has had any effect. What it certainly did not solve is the issue of the songs not showing up. So far, as per my previous post, the only irritating solution is to take out the media card and put it back in again. Looks like a bug to me. Sorry but I dont understand some of the other posts about .m3.us and downloading tags freeware etc.. please explain to a layman with no tech knowledge, thanks !!

HanHookie no está en línea Stack level 2

I agree w/ soundsubs.

I had a few Yesterday's New Quintet songs that were not showing up in the YNQ folder. It turns out that these .mp3's were not created properly (lacking id3 tags and what not). I just opened the tracks in winamp, labeled them accordingly, and viola. They showed up. Sucks that the 8300 media player cannot handle raw .mp3 files. I guess it is a 'feature', as it helps keep your library more organized. But then, how confusing can your library get w/ a 2 or 4 GB media card... anyway, hope this helps someone!