Hi everyone. I'm having trouble with my Curve's keyboard all of a sudden. My "m", ... BlackBerry Curve forum

asdf12321 no está en línea Stack level 2

Some of my keys aren't working

Advertisement

Hi everyone.
    I'm having trouble with my Curve's keyboard all of a sudden.
    My "m", "n" and "space" keys do nothing when I press them. All other keys seem to be fine.
    I have never droped or hit my unit, so I'm puzzled as to the cause of the failure.
    The worst thing is, there are no BB centers in my country and my carrier refuses to do anything for me because I didn't get my device through them, even though they are providing the service.
    Can anyone advice me on what to do?

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Some of my keys aren't working

Try a hard reset by pulling the battery to reset as this is the first course and usually solves most problems.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

You carrier is right, unfortunately they will not do anything for you since you didn't buy it from them. Where did you purchase the unit? Is it a possibility to bring it back to that place? If that doesn't work your last resort would be maybe try and fix it yourself.

asdf12321 no está en línea Stack level 2

Hi. I tried the battery pull as soon as I noted the problem, but I think it's a hardware issue
    Getting it to where I got it from is out of the question, unfortunatelly. And as for my carrier, well they ARE providing the service. They could at least offer to repair it at my expense, instead of loosing the costumer, as not having a functional unit will make me cancel my contract with them.

Isn't there such a thing as a worldwide warranty or something I can do?

jhaebre no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    Quote Originally Posted by asdf12321 View Post
    Isn't there such a thing as a worldwide warranty or something I can do?
    You could call RIM but then the only thing would be that you would have to be with out your berry for @ least 3 weeks, but it would be fixed.

BryanS no está en línea Stack level 2

I had a problem with my "g" key getting flaky. I had to press hard on its left edge to get the keystroke to register. I got it through TMobile and they sent me a replacement.

I love TMobile!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~