I have updated my 8310 to the version 4.5. Is there a way i can ... BlackBerry Curve forum

mtlbball10 no está en línea Stack level 1

Post Software updates

Advertisement

I have updated my 8310 to the version 4.5. Is there a way i can remove the update and restore it back to the original software 4.2.2 that i originally had on my blackberry?

rmerck no está en línea Device Pro
    Yes. Uninstall OS 4.5 from your computer via the Control Panel in Windows. After it is uninstalled (leaving 4.2.2 on your computer), connect your BlackBerry and fire up the Desktop Manager. Go to the Application Updater and after it searches your device, you will see on the following screen, next to the software titles available for installation that it will Downgrade to 4.2.2. Continue and proceed, the DM will backup and restore your data appropriately.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."
    Jesus, Luke 22:36

"The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
    Gen. John Pershing, U.S. Army

I have deleted the device software but it doesnt ask about downgrading on the application device selection screen...it only has OZ messaging....

Quote Originally Posted by mtlbball10 View Post
    I have deleted the device software but it doesnt ask about downgrading on the application device selection screen...it only has OZ messaging....
    I never had the 4.2.2 device software on the computer because it was already on my device. Do i have to download that device software and then place download it to my device or not?

rmerck no está en línea Device Pro
    Yes, download the software from your provider, then install it to your computer, that should be the fix!
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."
    Jesus, Luke 22:36

"The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
    Gen. John Pershing, U.S. Army

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    You have to download the 4.2.2 device software and install it on your computer. Then when you launch DM and connect your phone you launch App Loader to downgrade back to 4.2.2

Zo

i appreciate the help..it worked just fine for me

Im back again....I tried to update my blackberry 8310 again and dis time when it was loading the software version 4.5 it went blank and the computer restarted....What should i do? My red light on my device is blinking and it will not turn back on

ghostshell no está en línea Stack level 2
    that last 4.2 AT&T version is still listed on the BB web site in the download sections under AT&T.

SoarinEagles no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by mtlbball10 View Post
    Im back again....I tried to update my blackberry 8310 again and dis time when it was loading the software version 4.5 it went blank and the computer restarted....What should i do? My red light on my device is blinking and it will not turn back on
    Was the OS upgrade your doing released by your carrier? If so, call their tech support.
    If not, the first thing I would do is a battery pull.
    When you say "it went blank" .... what went blank? Your device or PC?
    Regarding your pc restarting .... I dont think that has anything to do with the OS updtaing process.