I dowloaded os 8300/ and have come across software tokens under my security options. In ... BlackBerry Curve forum

ziminvades no está en línea Stack level 4
    Ask Me

software tokens-what is this?

I dowloaded os 8300/ and have come across software tokens under my security options. In simple terms-what is this for and how can I use it? I like to play with all the features =) Ps I have an unlocked curve from att and upgraded my os and have both browsers. It almost brought me to tears. Happy happy joy joy

butterfly2 no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: software tokens-what is this?

Doing some research this is what I found don't know what it means either...LOL quote:
    Token-based credentials are network security credentials that use a token formed by combining a unique identifier, called a seed token, and another variable. Successful network authentication requires a valid token.

There are two different types of token-based credentials: hardware tokens and software tokens. Hardware tokens are tokens generated by a physical device separate from the network client device and software tokens are generated by software residing on the network client device.

The RSA SecurID® Library (a cryptographic library) on the BlackBerry smartphone periodically generates a software token for network authentication.

Check this link also for more info:
    Last edited by butterfly2; 09-20-2007 at 04:35 PM.
    A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man should have to seek Him first to find her.
    Maya Angelou