I was in my options and in security options and I noticed software tokens. I ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

software tokens????

Advertisement

I was in my options and in security options and I noticed software tokens. I opened it and it said no tokens installed. So my question is what are software tokens?

Thanks
    Jonny Edge
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro

Re: software tokens????

From the BB KB Article: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/searc...00%20101112610

Environment
    • BlackBerry® smartphones

Details

Token-based credentials are network security credentials that use a token formed by combining a unique identifier, called a seed token, and another variable. Successful network authentication requires a valid token.
    There are two different types of token-based credentials: hardware tokens and software tokens. Hardware tokens are tokens generated by a physical device separate from the network client device and software tokens are generated by software residing on the network client device.
    The RSA SecurID® Library (a cryptographic library) on the BlackBerry smartphone periodically generates a software token for network authentication.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

Re: software tokens????

Thanks so much for the speedy response. That really explains a lot. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~