I posted a Thread 3 days ago regarding a problem pairing my Curve and Range ... BlackBerry Curve forum

KSGranite no está en línea Stack level 2

Smile Software

Advertisement

I posted a Thread 3 days ago regarding a problem pairing my Curve and Range Rover Vogue. I've been told by Land Rover that the phone has software 4.2.2.146 and the Range Rover has 4.2.2.144. They reckon that it's just a matter of changing the software in the Curve to the lower version. Does anyone know how I can get that and how to do it ? Also, by "downgrading" the software will any other applications suffer ? I'm a real novice on this stuff so all help appreciated.

Ridicule no está en línea Stack level 3
    ??? That's just messed up.

1) The Range Rover will not have Blackberry software in it (they will have Bluetooth software of a sort - but, it won't be made by RIM, nor would the versions match handheld software).

2) If they meant they certified their interface with BB 4.2.2.144 - it should be forward compatible - that is, work with the future versions of the software.

Are you dealing with someone at their customer service centre or the dealer? (might be better to deal with their support).

Thanks for your prompt response. I spoke to Land Rover UK Customer Relations. They told me about the Software Version difference. They suggested I go back to the dealer and try my phone in a brand new Vogue (mine's is 3 years old) - it worked perfect. The dealer advised that there was no way of updating my cars software to that of the brand new Vogue. He recalled the problem a few months back and thought that the customer had simply "downgraded" the software in the handset ? He didn't hear after that so assumed that it had worked. I love my Curve and my Vogue - desperate for a solution. I should add that the car / phone pair perfectly but the minute you try to answer a call or the person you're calling answers at the other end you lose the connection. I genuinely thought Bluetooth was a standard throughout ?

Ridicule no está en línea Stack level 3
    Well, the dealer may be right (on not being able to upgrade the software) - but he might also be saying that, hoping to get you to trade up to the new model.

Call Land Rover Customer Relations back and have them go back and verify with their technicians if the software actually could be upgraded (or if the bluetooth kit could be changed). Now, of course, this won't be covered under your warranty - make them know that you're willing to pay for the work (that way they'll investigate it).

Cheers and thanks for that. I'll call LRUK on Monday and see if they can assist further. Your help is appreciated.