I recently downloaded the soft reset application for my curve. I heard it works fine ... BlackBerry Curve forum

qbangringo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    302C0803

soft reset application error message

Advertisement

I recently downloaded the soft reset application for my curve. I heard it works fine for everyone. When I ran the application it says reset or cancel I chose reset. After i get the following message

...aa_DeleteToReset already exists. To reset, go to option, advanced options, applications, hit menu and choose modules, and delete aa_DeleteToReset...

Then it has an OK button.

I tried to delete it but then it asks if i want to delete the module.

What should I do? What happens if I delete the module? Anyways I need help setting this application up as soon I shall have a new case from seidio and those do not open so easily when you need to pull the battery! THANKS

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: soft reset application error message

you know you can do RESET via HOLD ALT+CAPS(right side)+DEL and that will reset your device.

Better than loading and app that takes up your memory.

You can always delete the application and re-install it maybe that will get rid of the error.

Sci-Tek no está en línea Stack level 4

you can delete the module safley, the module aa_deletetoreset. I believe if you do, the phone will restart.

I've deleted this module but I cannot remember if I had to run softreset again to restart or if it restarted automaticly.

Its a nice program, havent tried the alt + caps + del tricks like reddog posted, but from experience this guy knows what he says and I woudn't doubt his knowledge.

The tricks pretty much eliminates the need for softreset.

qbangringo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    302C0803

Yup that did the trick, but you do have to hold the right caps button and also when i did it the first time it didnt really do a full restart. the second time i did it I help the buttons down longer and it did a full reset! thanks YOU GUYS!!!