in option, status in File Free: 0 bytes then when i do a memory card ... BlackBerry Curve forum

RobYuriPrime no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2155797c

Question soem problems with memory and slowness

Advertisement

in option, status in File Free: 0 bytes then when i do a memory card pull out and reput in it shows up with my amount of memory in it, when i connect to computer i can still access pictures and add things to the memory card ok, does the status matter as i do think its a problem but just want to make sure it wont totally kill my phone lol, my phone seems to take ages to load things up and sometimes it freezes from time to time i know it might be memory problems but im not sure any advise or help?

Rob

PIN/ID
    2155797c
    ohh and also on BBM my convos seem to close all the time so i miss all the convos any ideas on this too?

icuqtpie no está en línea Stack level 3
    Sounds like a memory leak to me, and really there isn't a way to fix a memory leak that I am aware of.
    ~*♫♥Kat♥♫*~

PIN/ID
    2155797c
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    So would you say the best thing to do is send off for new phone then?

any advise about why my BBM closes my conversation tabs?

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    I think that you have a general lack of memory in your bb. I mean, if you're under 16-17mb, you definitely have a memory issue. Try deleting the sample video that came with your phone and any preloaded pictures or preloaded themes that you don't use from it. I know there are forums out there that show you how to do it. How much memory do you have? (You can check your memory by holding down the LEFT Alt + LEFT Shift and H.)

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    If you use programs like Jivetalk, your memory tends to go down by the end of the day. But as you may or may not know, "A battery pull a day keeps bb problems away."

PIN/ID
    2155797c
    its showing file free 0 again, dunno whats happenign with it, i have got a 4gb card in

Rob:cry:

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    The size of the SD card has nothing to do with the memory.

The Curve has 64MB of memory internal to the device. This is where your applications are stored, SMS / MMS is stored, Email is stored and even photos and videos if you don't have the device configured correctly.

The SD card you put in the phone is where you can store MP3s, videos, photos (if configured to do so) as well as anything else you may want. However, if you don't have any of the 64MB device memory free, your phone will have a real problem.

Here's the trick. Do a battery pull and wait for it to come back up. Press LEFT SHIFT + ALT + H at the same time. You'll see the info screen.

What number does it show next to "File Free:"?

Wait about an hour. Do the above and see if that number has gone down.

The phone doesn't have a memory leak -- there's most likely nothing wrong with the device. Some applications seem to leak - use up - memory. For me, Viigo did that so I uninstalled it.

Under the latest 4.5, I'm getting a leak too and I'm trying to remove applications until I figure out which one is doing it.

Post back. I'm sure we'll get things squared away.
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

PIN/ID
    2155797c
    yeah i think i will just send the phone back and get a new one as it to much hassal, so i will have to re post my pin number too lol what a bitch