View Poll Results: Did you buy H@H for your new 8320?

Voters
165. Register free to vote on this poll
  • Yes. I purchased the H@H add-on.

83 50.30%
  • No. No Hotspot for me.

82 49.70%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

I didn't get the H@H plan, but my curve detected the wireless router that I ... BlackBerry Curve forum

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator

Advertisement

I didn't get the H@H plan, but my curve detected the wireless router that I have at home and does work in UMA Wifi, does that mean that I still will get charged for mins if I do not have H&H?

jiffyj no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    I didn't get the H@H plan, but my curve detected the wireless router that I have at home and does work in UMA Wifi, does that mean that I still will get charged for mins if I do not have H&H?
    That's exactly my question. I just got the curve, didn't have a chance to add the H@H yet, but I notice the UMA Wifi whenever i'm home (around my wireless router). Usually I NEVER, and i mean NEVER get a phone signal in my home, just something about my house i guess. But now that I have turned on wifi on the phone, I can make and receive calls without a problem, and the UMA wifi always shows in the upper corner. What is that? Is that calls via wifi? If so, how did I get it w/out signing up?

jiffyj no está en línea Stack level 1
    ^^^ Nevermind to my post above, just got my answer from this thread :

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...hout_home.html

It is wifi calling, but it uses your minutes, which i'm perfectly fine with, since i NEVER go over my mins anyway. I love this phone!

angelzrage no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i got it. Even if ya don't use all ya minutes.its good to have.especialy if ya live in an area with real bad coverage.I use the my faves when I've no coverage.then I'm able to find a wifi signal.an I save my mins.(300).

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    I'm getting so confused. So is this right?

No h@h..You can receive wifi from your home router and it will surf faster, but calls are still using minutes?

With h@h.. You can surf faster and any calls made do not use minutes and you need it to access from a starbucks?

How do you know that you are using h@h? When I am at home it picks up my router. Is there something I need to do to turn on h@h? I have signed up for it, but not sure how to use it or the advantages.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

wassona no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2439fbe3
    The main reason that I got H@H was that the building that I work in blocks all signals. The people that do get reception in the building are on ATT (repeater on the roof). I have a huge wireless network around the building so the best option for me was to use H@H. It works like a champ. The only trouble that I really have are the larger than normal deadspots in places, and leaving the building. When I leave in the evening the phone will hold UMA because I dont have enough time to grab a TMO tower.

markbb99 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    I'm getting so confused. So is this right?

No h@h..You can receive wifi from your home router and it will surf faster, but calls are still using minutes?

With h@h.. You can surf faster and any calls made do not use minutes and you need it to access from a starbucks?

How do you know that you are using h@h? When I am at home it picks up my router. Is there something I need to do to turn on h@h? I have signed up for it, but not sure how to use it or the advantages.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    No HS@H add-on: you can still make calls over wifi/UMA at your house or at a T-Mobile Hotspot such as Starbucks - they just come out of your minutes

With HS@H add-on: when you make/receive calls over wifi/UMA they are unlimited/free

You know when you are using HS@H as the signal strength indicator changes to UMA. If you don't need the extra minutes then there's no point in signing up for the HS@H addon (unless it is to take advantage of the free router T-Mobile offers and then remove the add-on once the rebate check arrives).

bonafidebrother no está en línea Stack level 1
    I havent added it yet but I am waiting o nwife to relenquish her old 7105t and get the 8120. She's had it so long that the 7 button doesnt work any more...and go figure, we live in Orlando (407) Once she gets that, I am racing down to the nearest T-Mobile store to pick this up because with my Curve, I pick up WiFi all over the place....now only if my church had WiFi.....
    FREAKIN' CRAZY about my T-Mobile 7100t

INITECH no está en línea Stack level 1

Yup. I set this up to utilize UMA. I need to do something about this international roaming charges and this seems to be a good workaround.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345