by I'm wondering, since my contract's expiration is coming up, should I sell the 8120 ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Gigamaster89 no está en línea Stack level 3

So I won a 8120...

Advertisement

by I'm wondering, since my contract's expiration is coming up, should I sell the 8120 when it gets here and then go for the 8320?

The qwerty seems nice and I don't see that bigger size as a deal breaker (on pictures, it doesn't even seem that bad...).

What do you stackers think? Don't suggest opening and trying the 8120 first because I want to sell it as "New"

I tried out both the Pearl and the Curve in stores already and to me, both seems very nice. The only thing I plan on doing most of the time with either BB is Jivetalk, and I'm guessing the larger real estate on the 8320 might prove to be handy.

mettleh3d no está en línea Stack level 2
    I know pearl and curve owners that are both really happy with their phones.

Anyway, you seem to be leaning towards selling - It's up to you.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    Personally, I am a full keyboard gal all the way. Suretype and I, we just don't get along. I am a heavy, SMS, email, messaging, and web surfing user. I type faster when I have all my keys seperate.

Of course, completly my opinion. I also adore my 8320
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I would say test it when it gets there and see if you feel comfortable typing on it, holding it in your hand as a phone, use it as a phone to see if you get good reception/signal, and to find out if the screen is big enough for you. If not, sell it. If it's good enough, keep it. Just my personal advice to everyone who is considering a switch in device.

tclaremont no está en línea Stack level 2
    If you dont want to "break the seal" on the box, just go to any dealer that carries the phones and give em a try there.

Frog37_ no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    21af35bb
    personally I like the size of the pearl better, but unfortunately all they had was the curve. If you're leaning towards getting a curve and selling the pearl, I would be willing to trade you. PM me if you think something might work out

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Ive had both, and I really like the Curve way better, it fits my hands and I like the full keyboard

lexo no está en línea Stack level 3
    post as soon as you receive you pearl cause i won one to but don't know when it will arrive or how, i'm thinking it's a coupon or something, but shure hope it arrives in a box through ups or something!

BerrySmartUser no está en línea Stack level 3
    So I just got my call that I also won an 8120. The rep confirmed my address and told me it's shipping via UPS and I should receive it in the next 30 days.. Sweet! I never win anything.. My Curve 8320 is less than 2 months old, and my wife's phone is brand new too, we just came aboard TMO in January this year..

lexo no está en línea Stack level 3
    sounds good! ups, thats what i'm talkin bout.

Johnni no está en línea Stack level 2
    i came from a 8100 to a 8320. personally, i love it. it was the best thing ever.

cjcarbone no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    not anym
    You will not get a penny more for a sealed box, compared to a 2 day used Berry.

Plus, unless you sell it somewhere else, people are gonna offer you dirt money for it, "because you got it for free"

But that being said, congrats. I would suggest opening it up, and trying it out for a day or 2.

Personally, i prefer the Curve, but i never really gave the Pearl a shot, a day at a time.

Gigamaster89 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Obviously if it was going to be sold, it would be sold on eBay. And just because it was free doesn't make it any worse then one that's not

I'm waiting on this Pearl right, if it doesn't get here soon, I might just end up getting a Curve.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    If you are getting it for free, Then why do a new contract just to get a Curve. I would keep the 8120 and not upgrade for another 2 yrs just to get a slightly bigger screen and keyboard. The 8120 does more than the 8320. Plus you can save your upgrade for a later time for the Bold or kickstart or Thunder.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I was gonna keep the 8120 if I had won it, and save the $235 I shelled out for the 8120 for the KickStart. But since I didn't, I'm gonna start saving my pennies for it LOL