Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Just got it added. The CSR did not initially know what it was, but he ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Tre Lawrence no está en línea Developer

Re: sneaky tmobile

Advertisement

Just got it added. The CSR did not initially know what it was, but he did find it. Great folks over there at TMO...

ajs3898 no está en línea Stack level 3

added no problem, free of charge, if anyone needs instructions on how this works...

the fax will come through as a call on ur phone. u are not supposed to answer the call, let it go to voice mail. then after the fax is complete, the voice mail icon will pop up on ur phone, and when u call to retrieve it, u get some options. send it to a pre-determined fax number, send it to a new fax number, or save it. also the csr told me that if u choose to save the fax on the voice mail, u can print it on a fax machine by calling ur cell phone from the fax machine, as if u were trying to check ur voice mail from a lan line. when the voice mail prompts, press the * and enter ur 4 digit password. then u can print the fax through the machine u are using to call from. pretty neat. i didn't know this so i thought i would share.

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3

Sounds like it has potential... But I can see why it's not heavily promoted. As a matter of fact, if you search T-Mobile's website, there's hardly any mention of it at all. If you search Google, there's incredibly little info about this available.

My impression of the the reason it's not promoted heavily is that it's a bit limited in the way it has been implemented. I see the problem being the fact that you must know, in advance, which incoming call will be the fax - so you can be sure to NOT answer it, allowing the voicemail system to process and store it. If you were to simply give out the number as a fax number, it would clearly be a problem, as you'd be picking up the phone to talk to a remote fax machine all the time.

I guess it's a nice feature for the few odd times you might be able to make use of it, but it's limited enough so that I have strong doubts that I'll ever really find much of a use for it. My first reaction was, "wow! this has potential!"...until I thought about it a bit. It's one of those features I would *like* to like, but it just doesn't sound that practical except for rare occasional use.

monica.simons no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASKME

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ here is my .02. I have cell one, excellent cs, and plans are THE cheapest around my area. I pay $20 for the unlimited data, and $45 for the unlimited calling. But then I have roadside protection too.
    Just thought I would say that cause I never see anyone promoting them, always tmo or ATT or sprint etc..

markmercado no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24267CF8

i want it... now

Tre Lawrence no está en línea Developer

Quote Originally Posted by vinmontRD View Post
    I see the problem being the fact that you must know, in advance, which incoming call will be the fax - so you can be sure to NOT answer it, allowing the voicemail system to process and store it. If you were to simply give out the number as a fax number, it would clearly be a problem, as you'd be picking up the phone to talk to a remote fax machine all the time.
    Good point... it would probably be more of a novelty, but probably a novelty that could come up big in a pinch. It would have been nice if there was a special way to tell that it was a fax, but it is nice to have the capability.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12