Something wierd has been happening for a few days on my device. It's a 8300 ... BlackBerry Curve forum

llsteve80 no está en línea Stack level 1

SMS virus?

Advertisement

Something wierd has been happening for a few days on my device. It's a 8300 unlocked for tmobile and has one of the newer OS's on it from the RIM website.

Anyway, I got a text at 242am sunday that said happy birthday from one of my friends. It wasnt my birthday anyway. I opened the text and the phone locked up. There was no picture or anything, just sms text. Deleted the message and reset the phone.

Now, if i power down, that text pops back up saying 242am. All of the messages and emails for that day disappear. Also, my battery is lasting only about 4 hours.

What can I do here? I'm probably going to reload the OS, but if this is a virus or something I know they can stay in the memory even if you flash the phone.

TIA

krosli no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    747101D2
    Sounds like something that comes from a scary movie....Try and reload your OS and see what happens. If not, call either Tmobile or RIM and explaind what happen. They will probably be able to assist.
    Last edited by krosli; 12-04-2008 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Can't type

llsteve80 no está en línea Stack level 1
    thanks. Thats what I'll do. Doubting that it's a virus now as BB don't really get any. Constant arrows over the signal meter, think thats whats causing the battery drain. Still, when I power it up, all my recent text messages are gone.