Just got my new curve and I love it..first time BB purchaser. I was wondering ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jlsclarity no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31AD1348

SMS signature

Advertisement

Just got my new curve and I love it..first time BB purchaser. I was wondering if I can place a signature in an SMS txt? Also how do I edit my profile on pinstack from my device?

devingiles no está en línea Stack level 3
    From what I know, there isn't a way to add a signature, but you could use AutoText to create a signature.. Like for the letters xx, have it correct it to what ever you want your signature to be.. But you would have to type xx at the end of every message. Seems like too much hassle. But thats the only way I know

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro
    You can't automatically add a signature to an SMS message, but you can create an Auto Text entry to do the same job. I have different entries that have different info depending on the recipient. They list in my Auto Text list like this:
    sig (%o<cr>%O)
    sigg (%o<cr>%O<cr>M: (123) 456-7890)
    sigg (%o%O<cr>M: (123) 456-7890<cr>H: (987) 123-4567<cr>PIN: %P)
    In the list above, <cr> don't display, but are carriage returns built into the Auto Text, %o = Name entered into Options --> Owner, %O = Information Options --> Owner, %P = device PIN.

My owner information has my work information (address, work phone, work fax), and the other entries have my Mobile phone number, Home number, and device PIN.

I've posted a Blog entry with complete details on this here:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/blog.php?b=671
    Last edited by jdellasala; 06-20-2008 at 08:52 AM.
    JerryD

jlsclarity no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31AD1348
    I appreciate that. very helpful way to get around a surprising oversight. Thanks!