Hey guys.. I just got my 8330 and I'm loving it. One gripe I have ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Quick2822 Guest

SMS replacement?

Advertisement

Hey guys..

I just got my 8330 and I'm loving it. One gripe I have is with the SMS "client". It is very basic, lacks any color/design.

Is there some sort of 3rd party replacement? Something that will give me a look and feel more like AIM, JiveTalk, Yahoo!, etc?

Thanks..

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    It's the same way on all BB's. I'm not sure if the OZ IM client runs on SMS anymore. I think it's data now.

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    It's a text message...it doesn't need to be pretty. Just send it and be done.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

Quick2822 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KalebsDad78 View Post
    Coming from a GUI development background, I'm not sure I agree with you.

You can have a simple/basic program have a good looking GUI. I was hoping the BB had some replacement for the boring, black/white SMS client.

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Yeah, I was just kidding. I mean, I don't care for anything flashy or colorful for an SMS but I'm sure many others like you would like it if someone out there developed it.

Blackberry's OS is steadily upgrading but there niche isn't multimedia or flashy software...yet!
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

FameCity23 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32B7B501
    I recently strayed from my beloved 8830 after I dropped it off my balcony one night. ( Total accident, which may or may not have involved some jameson whisky haha) Anyways I went to buy a curve but the sales rep talked me into a Centro.

Worst phone I have ever owned, minus the wonderful threaded text messaging. If anyone has ever used a palm they know what I'm talking about. Anyways I returned the Centro and got the curve but I am longing for that threaded sms. It was like using jivetalk. Just amazing. I have searched far and wide and found nothing yet but I am sure that there must be something out there.

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3
    Go to options and then sms....you should have an option for "Number Of Previous Messages" change that setting and you should see all the replies and stuff from now on in SMS messages.

popo341 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    329249D2
    what exactly is getting changed here?

S2K ON 2 no está en línea Stack level 3
    you can use vlingo (not out yet. beta testing being done)
    it lets you send text message by voice and it opens up it's own "sms window."

that might be the only option you have. unless there are other SMS programs out there

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3
    you are setting it to basically show the thread of messages so say if you have an ongoing conversation using SMS and just keep replying back and forth with someone it will show as many of the previous messages as you set this to.

mcm180 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    mcm180
    Quote Originally Posted by KalebsDad78 View Post
    Lmao