I have an 8300 and suncom is my carrier but im having major issues getting ... BlackBerry Curve forum

codyd890 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question SMS problems suncom to verizon

Advertisement

I have an 8300 and suncom is my carrier but im having major issues getting my SMS texts out to verizon and other foreign carriers. Does anyone have an explanation for this problem? i can send texts to suncom customers fine, but when i try to send to verizon, it takes on average 14 minutes. help please.

Sci-Tek no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: SMS problems suncom to verizon

strange, try calling your carrier.

Never experienced this myself, beside from new years eve..

You've had this issue for days / weeks?

Btw: welcome to pinstack

codyd890 no está en línea Stack level 1

yes, i have had this issue since i got my blackberry. which is around 2 or 3 months ago and it is really starting to make me mad. suncom says they cant do anything and that its not their fault and they tell me that its verizon that has problems receiving foreign messages. so i have no idea what to do.

ok, lets try to narrow it down a bit..

suncom to suncom , works fine.
    suncom to verzion, takes hours.

What about.
    Suncom to oher carriers?
    version to suncom?

Are your friends experiencing same problems when they sent to other carriers or other suncom users?

summervillewave no está en línea Stack level 1

this happens to me too i have the same problem i have the bb 8310 now and i have had the problem ever since i had suncom (2 years). is there a solution?

maybe verzion downprioritize suncom SMS traffic if their servers are already working at full capacity?

brianbaker no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by codyd890 View Post
    I have an 8300 and suncom is my carrier but im having major issues getting my SMS texts out to verizon and other foreign carriers. Does anyone have an explanation for this problem? i can send texts to suncom customers fine, but when i try to send to verizon, it takes on average 14 minutes. help please.
    SunCom has been having problems for months with customers sending text messaging to other people outside the Suncom network. The messages can take more than an hour to get by others, and sometimes the messages never get through. Supposedly SunCom sent an internal memo out on January 14th, 2008 that said that improvements have been made and the text messages should go out more quickly. I'd love to get a copy of this internal memo. If anyone knows how to get a copy of this memo please post it.