Ive got a red 8310 with AT&T Mobility. Im not sure if the messages are ... BlackBerry Curve forum

ashy2clasy no está en línea Stack level 1

Question SMS messages disappearing!!!

Advertisement

Ive got a red 8310 with AT&T Mobility. Im not sure if the messages are disappearing after a certain number of days or when my File Free gets down to 0 bytes. Ive already checked Options-General Options-Keep Messages....I have mine set to 6 months. I have both my SMS and Email inboxes combined. Im running v4.2.2.170. I try and pull my battery every couple of days.......this is very frustrating because I sometimes save drafts that I will try and get back later or there are messages that contain phone numbers that id like to view at a later time. This only happens with SMS messages. All of my email messages are ALL still there, it only deletes all of my SMS\MMS messages.
    Has anyone encountered this issue? maybe its just a setting that ive overlooked. Any assistance or suggestions would be appreciated.

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    It seems like you have an issue with your blackberry being low on memory. You should free up some space on your blackberry. First of all, if you are anywhere between 16 to 17mb, problems like this will occur. You may start seeing disappearing call logs as well. Let me find the thread on how to optimize your bb (a.k.a deleting and creating more space).

You could start by deleting the sample video that came with your bb. Go to Options>Advanced Options>Applications and then find the BB Sample Video. Hit the bb button (one with the dots)>Delete and you may have to verify deletion. I don't know if you will have to restart your bb or not since it's been a while since I've done all of that.

You could also check your memory by pressing the LEFT ALT + LEFT SHIFT + H at the same time. It should show you how much memory you have.

Another thing you could do in the meantime, is delete your event log. (That basically keeps track of what you do, when you turn off your bb, when you turn it back on, which programs you've used, when you've used it, and etc. It's the same thing as computers have for tracking what is going on or currently running.) To delete your event logs, press ALT + L + G + L + G > BB button> Clear Log>Delete.

Let me find you the thread on optimizing your bb in the meantime.
    Last edited by Kyo0tdemon; 04-11-2008 at 05:36 PM.

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    See this post here: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...call_logs.html

This is a very common post and problem...
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

Here is the thread I was talking about.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ee-memory.html

ashy2clasy no está en línea Stack level 1
    Very nice.....kalebsdad78 and kyo0tdemon, thanks for the quick replies. That definitely will help out my situation.

You're very welcome. Let me/us know if there is anything else we can do to help.

etohaholic no está en línea Stack level 1
    I store everything on my 2Gb Micro SD card, but still have 0 free space on my device!?! I have deleted my browser cache, all emails before today, etc. I give up. Any advice?

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    Quote Originally Posted by etohaholic View Post
    I store everything on my 2Gb Micro SD card, but still have 0 free space on my device!?! I have deleted my browser cache, all emails before today, etc. I give up. Any advice?
    Did you try some of the threads linked above?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ When you say that you store everything on your 2gb card, you do know that all you can store on there is your pictures, videos and music, right? As for everything else (I.e. APPLICATIONS/programs, phonebook, emails, sms, mms, txt, etc.), they all get stored on your phone. There is no function and/or way of storing everything else on your memory card. I still think you should start by deleting the sample video and your event log.