recently upgraded the OS to the .184 and now its a SMS icon showing 2 ... BlackBerry Curve forum

mike mikeŠ no está en línea Stack level 2

SMS message icon stuck on screen

Advertisement

recently upgraded the OS to the .184
    and now its a SMS icon showing 2 new messages ... it wont move lol
    i did the usual .. battery pull ....deleted all messages .. yet it still shows 2 new messages ..anyone have this problem before??

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a
    Only time I had this problem, I received a PIN Message and it was put in a seperate folder than SMS and Emails. Don't know if that's your problem, but that's the only time I saw something like that
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5
    yeah, do a back up with Desktop Manager and then do a wipe from the handheld, thats the only thing I have found that works. Any questions just ask.

Cloroxbleach4 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by RayZ View Post
    yeah, do a back up with Desktop Manager and then do a wipe from the handheld, thats the only thing I have found that works. Any questions just ask.

This same thing happened to me but when you reload the Blackberry I had to make sure to not load any of my sms messages with it, otherwise the icon will still show.

mike mikeŠ no está en línea Stack level 2
    thnx for the info im goin to try these out!

jaesternbach no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b04967
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ i have had this happen to me as well. The reason for the sms icon sticking is because, when you upgraded to the new os and re-loaded a back up, the backed up file your loading had 2 sms texts icons on the homescreen.

When you do a back up next time, make sure to clear any alert icons as to avoid having any wrongfull alerts when you recover.

The way i remedied the situation was to wipe the device and re-load a file that did not have any alerts. I dont know if loading a back-up and just not loading sms will work. I have never tried this, but if it does work that way, fantastic!

ziminvades no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Don't forget to check your saved messages. Generally before anything drastic you should check your saved or filed messages. If you have the icon right after upgrade then that's most likely it. Just thought I'd throw another thing to check lol
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

DOOG9517 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm having a similar issue, but didnt upgrade anything. Two messages just disappeared before i could read them. I checked the saved messages folder - nothing. Battery pull - nothing. Any ideas?

DOOG9517 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I was able to get rid of the alert, but still have no clue what happened to those text messages.