Hey guys New to the forum but savy with the BB's. I have a small ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jiggaleo no está en línea Stack level 1

Question SMS Chat Thread Issue

Advertisement

Hey guys

New to the forum but savy with the BB's.

I have a small issue with the way my SMS text messages are flowing.

Im used to an AIM or TREO style text format. IE: Once you initiate a SMS with someone and they reply you get a nice box that holds replys and further outgoing text.

My Curve will keep a chat style for about 2-3 text messages and then usually; a reply will come in as a new text message and not stay in the previous chat box.

Ive searched and exhuasted all settings.

Is this just how it is? Anything I can do ?

Not a deal breaker as I love this phone but would love to get this working how I like it

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional

Re: SMS Chat Thread Issue

No, that is not "just the way it" is because mine works as you've mentioned with regards to AIM, it keeps a flowing conversation going. I'm not sure why yours is behaving that way though.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Last edited by DjSmooth; 08-29-2007 at 03:11 AM.

Btw, Welcome to stacks!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

hes not talk about aim he is talking about the chat style in his sms messages
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

Quote Originally Posted by harry3334
    hes not talk about aim he is talking about the chat style in his sms messages
    Thanks, Harry I'm aware of what he is talking about, but he made a reference to "AIM" and "Treo" and their style, and like theirs, the Curve works the same way, when it comes to "SMS" it keeps a "Flowing Conversation" Style (at least mine does).

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5
    Hehe yeah sorry bro...good lookin out...I know jivetalk has that bubble chat feature...I kinda wish the sms portion had it as well

Quote Originally Posted by harry3334
    Hehe yeah sorry bro...good lookin out...I know jivetalk has that bubble chat feature...I kinda wish the sms portion had it as well

So its not just me thats having this same issue?

I dont understand why it would do it for a few text then stop doing it! that sucks

delana0608 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    241314A7

I'm no expert, but I think it depends on how the person you're texting with replies to you. If they choose the 'Reply' option, it will come in the flowing conversation style. If they initiate a new message, it comes as a new message. I think it has more to do with the way THEY initiate it than your settings.

Quote Originally Posted by delana0608
    I'm no expert, but I think it depends on how the person you're texting with replies to you. If they choose the 'Reply' option, it will come in the flowing conversation style. If they initiate a new message, it comes as a new message. I think it has more to do with the way THEY initiate it than your settings.
    That actually makes perfect sense. Im going to test it sending myself SMS from email and have a huge conversation with myself. Ya know get to know myself a little more hah

Thanks!