I have two issues with my 8310 on Vodafone in the UK If i select ... BlackBerry Curve forum

DannoUK no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    251a4a3c

SMS and Theme issues

Advertisement

I have two issues with my 8310 on Vodafone in the UK

If i select the Vodafone Today Theme setting which not only displays the number of SMS received but first line of the latest one on the home screen, after a while an error arises and it no longer refreshes, leaving the first line of an old SMS constantly on screen. I either have to restart the Curve or Change theme to get rid of it. and this gives rises to another problem...

When I select a new theme and alter the SMS/Email settings between combined, Separate inbox i suddenly find I have lost all my previous SMS's. They have just vanished. and unless i restart the device any texts that are sent never arrive at the device and are lost. Ive lost many SMS like this.

Is this common or just me?

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: SMS and Theme issues

Go to Options --> About. If the third line down doesn't say v4.2.2.146, update your firmware.
    Download and install Desktop Software v4.2 SP2 without Media Manager (English) from here:
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22
    then go to:
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...05D7C424EBAE5F
    and download and install the firmware for the 8310. Plug in your BlackBerry and it should update automatically.

If you already have that version, keep checking the second site for an update.

Alternatively... I just saw that SunCom (Singapore) has version 4.2.2.181 available. You can download and install that. Once installed, find the file "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\Vendor.xml" and rename it (to anything - like Vendor.xm$) and then update your firmware.
    Last edited by jdellasala; 11-11-2007 at 08:30 AM. Reason: Alternatively...
    JerryD

redmoon no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by DannoUK View Post
    I have two issues with my 8310 on Vodafone in the UK

If i select the Vodafone Today Theme setting which not only displays the number of SMS received but first line of the latest one on the home screen, after a while an error arises and it no longer refreshes, leaving the first line of an old SMS constantly on screen. I either have to restart the Curve or Change theme to get rid of it. and this gives rises to another problem...

When I select a new theme and alter the SMS/Email settings between combined, Separate inbox i suddenly find I have lost all my previous SMS's. They have just vanished. and unless i restart the device any texts that are sent never arrive at the device and are lost. Ive lost many SMS like this.

Is this common or just me?
    I have the same issues with the TMO US with the latest OS.

DannoUK no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    251a4a3c

Thanks for your help. I guess I just have to hold out for a software update. Very frustrating as it seems so random and unreliable.