ok... Everything was fine got a text went to reply and well... There were no ... BlackBerry Curve forum

berryjam no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2408ae8c

:(..SMS and call log just erased!!! Help...

Advertisement

ok... Everything was fine got a text went to reply and well... There were no messages! I checked the call log and that also did a disappearing act on me! This happened with my pearl and now the curve my 8320... Did I do this accidently or is the phone giving me headaches???

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: :(..SMS and call log just erased!!! Help...

i would suggest updating the device software

try this thread:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...call_logs.html

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro

We seem to get a lot of these. Do what it says in the thread, and remember to do a battery pull once in a while. I do one every morning before leaving the house, and I never have any problems.

jrok14 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3179870B

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i have customers who come in all the time with the exact problem. 99% of the time I go to options/status and the file free field reads 0. A simple battery pull remedies this. After you pull the battery go back in and look at the free file #. Its a lot higher, no?

I also do a battery pull once a day, bb's are just like computers... Gotta be re booted from time to time

jrok14 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3179870B

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~also.. Turning them off does not do the same thing. You HAVE to pull the battery

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5

I think you can reboot it by pressing Left ALT + Right SHIFT + DEL. I don't know if that is the same as a battery pull, but I've been doing that and so far, my bb hasn't had any problems. I used to have the disappearing call logs, but doing that every now and then and deleting my event log has made my bb faster and problem free.

mrfidget no está en línea Stack level 2

Definately check and see how much memory you have left if it's less thar 12mb then you need to start deleting. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

gunslinger595 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2440f435

I had the same problem yesterday for the first time. I was going to ask the same question when I saw Berrijam. Thanks !
    fear not the night . . . fear those who hunt at night.

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

Quote Originally Posted by Kyo0tdemon View Post
    I think you can reboot it by pressing Left ALT + Right SHIFT + DEL. I don't know if that is the same as a battery pull, but I've been doing that and so far, my bb hasn't had any problems. I used to have the disappearing call logs, but doing that every now and then and deleting my event log has made my bb faster and problem free.

This is a warm boot whereas the battery pull is a cold boot. Most of the problems will be fixed by the warm boot, but sometimes the cold boot is the only way to get things right. The key sequence is the equivalent of CTL+ALT+DEL (or pressing your reset button without powering down) on your computer and the battery pull is like a full power down/up on the computer.

yyppkkk no está en línea Stack level 1
    I used to store too many stuff (mostly pictures files) in the device memory of my BB 8120 and the call log always got erased. The phone also got frozen frequently.

After I moved those pictures to my memeory card (vacanting the device memory), the call log stayed and the phone no longer freezes.

javi no está en línea Stack level 2
    been happening to they keep erasing

ag_one80 no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i been doing the bat pull for a while, but I turn off the bb first then pull the battery out,is that the right way?

wymaen no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    247d3d79
    I've been having this issue with my 8120 (4.3.0.115) since I got it back in September or so...battery pulls seem to help, but not that much, as after a pull I only have 9,466,211 bytes in my File Free column- and that's only after an OS reload- which I'm doing twice a week. Each subsequent battery pull, I have a lower File Free number, until I get around 2,200,000 bytes, then I reload the OS again. My memory seems to be leaking slowly, as the File Free number decreases constantly, almost like a countdown. My only additional applications are Google Maps and Gmail, which I have tried leaving off the device for troubleshooting purposes, but to no avail. I've spent hours (literally) on the phone with T-Mobile and RIM customer service, and they tell me there doesn't seem to be any problem. I then brought the device to a T-Mobile store for the fourth time and tried to get someone to recognize the problem; their advice was to just 'live with it.' Is there anyone that has this same sort of issue, and if so, is it a hardware or software issue? I don't want to step up to 4.5 and have goofy problems not related to the OS because of some hardware gremlins that stayed with the phone. TMobile has informed me they will not replace the phone since it doesn't appear to be defective, and I'm at my wit's end...any suggestions? If not, I think my 8120 might get backed up, and then spontaneously be stolen...that's what I pay for insurance to cover, right?

Thanks in advance for any help...