( 1) showed up on my home screen this morning...with no notification I have ... BlackBerry Curve forum

djbds no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down Smileyface + 1on screen, is it messenger and what do I do?

(1) showed up on my home screen this morning...with no notification I have no clue when it happened.

I have looked at other threads regarding the issue which all seem to address the fact that it is a BB Messenger alert.

I loaded the Messenger application onto my BB, have opened it...and it asks me to log into either one of THREE messenger services; Yahoo IM, AOL IM, and WindowsLive IM...

I have logged into my YAHOO IM...and there is NOTHING there. Could it be that someone is trying to get me through one of the OTHER IM services??

Or could it be that I am simply a BONEHEAD and it has NOTHING to do with what I am doing?!!??

I just want to see where it came from, what it is, and WHY...and GET RID OF IT OFF MY HOME SCREEN!!!

I cycled my phone...battery off for 30 secs and back on...still THERE!!

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    The BlackBerry Messenger is a core application that is normally installed with your OS, so there should be nothing that you have to load, and if than it would ONLY be for your BlackBerry PIN Messages. Perhaps you've open the wrong app. Go to your Icon Screen and look for the Icon with the BB logo, that is your BB Messenger and there you may find a "Request" waiting for a response.

ganns1980 no está en línea Themes Pro
    It's the BlackBerry Messenger notification. Look through your applications, you'll see one that looks like a chat bubble with the bb logo on it. That's where the message is going to. If you don't see the icon, you may have it hidden - go to your main application screen (with all of the icons), press the menu button (bb logo left of your trackball), and select "Show all". Let us know if you need any more help!