Ive had my curve for about 6 months im on my 3rd one, first one ... BlackBerry Curve forum

nbudros no está en línea Stack level 1

Slowage...

Advertisement

Ive had my curve for about 6 months im on my 3rd one, first one freaked out and had a memory leak and the second one didnt wana stay on, but the 3rd one is doing alright. It takes for ever to do anything while the browser is loading a page either bb browser or opera mini. Also i can write an entire 10-15 word text message and send it and lock my phone before it even begins to type the message on screen.

Are there any Hacks (doubt it) tweaks or settings that will increase the amount of available memory? I have 1/6 of my memory open and i cleared my caches and things like that.

Also is there a way to delete ptt and bb messanger. becuase i dont use them

also when ever i go to switch application there are like 8 things runnning some i never use ie bb messanger and ptt.

Any suggestions?

nzv0 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24277BAE
    I would try and install the latest os for your device first and see if that fixes your slowage problem. Also I know there's a thread around here for the ptt take off on the bb right now so search is your friend.

lovin2act no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Slowage...

What is the number of your previous items set to under options/SMS text?? If its a high amount that will be a huge help right there for the texting slowage. When I got my first BB I had it set to 50 and after a while I had the same symptoms. Then I set it to 5 and BAM my phone was flyin again.
    Last edited by lovin2act; 11-15-2007 at 04:58 PM.
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, some1 said 2 thmslvs "U knw, I really want 2 set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close engh to get the job done".

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Here is how you remove PTT http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._suppress.html

You can delete BB messenger by going to options, advance options, applications, blackberry messenger, Delete.

Also, I recommend deleting themes, applications, old messages that you don't need.

Delete your cache, sms, phone logs, email frequently either. I delete mine every night before I go to sleep.

Goodluck

Thanks for the help;

working on ptt
    bb messanger
    cache...

My phone some times gets a memory leak and deletes my call logs and sms but not emails and mms due to not thinking there is any available memory...

so dunno about that... thanks agaikn

xxx found it
    Last edited by nbudros; 11-15-2007 at 05:59 PM. Reason: FOUND IT

The previous messages thing fixed the txting slowage thank you very much
    '

lovin2act no está en línea Stack level 4

Quote Originally Posted by nbudros View Post
    The previous messages thing fixed the txting slowage thank you very much
    '
    Yeah I was gonna toss my first bb until I figured out what was wrong. I could (like you say) type and send a text before the screen was even done with my first letter. Drove me nuts
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, some1 said 2 thmslvs "U knw, I really want 2 set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close engh to get the job done".

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27

also make sure your OS is up to date...solves a lot of problems that people have with memory leaks...also runs a bit faster than the previous OS...keep on stackin!

Thanks did that.

Updated OS/DESKTOP SOFTWARE/TXT MESSAGE NUMBER

yeah happens when u sedn 6500 mesages a month, txt alone.