Results 1 to 10 of 10

Tmo 8320 OS 4.5.0.81 platform 2.7.0.78 file free 4636799 (hmm, was over 5 a minute ... BlackBerry Curve forum

  1. #1
    jjspigland's Avatar
    jjspigland no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    PIN/ID
    24337B15
    Posts
    69

    Slow slow and stinking hourglass

    Advertisement



    Tmo 8320
    OS 4.5.0.81 platform 2.7.0.78
    file free 4636799 (hmm, was over 5 a minute ago) I only had 1700000 earlier, so i deleted a few unused apps and some old email.
    I've been having to alt+caps+del restart every day!

    What in the heck is going on? Can berries get a virus or is it just a memory leak?

  2. #2
    pniko_07's Avatar
    pniko_07 no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    May 2008
    PIN/ID
    stack
    Posts
    912
    Have you done a battery pull?

  3. #3
    DCookSta's Avatar
    DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    Posts
    2,331
    Quote Originally Posted by jjspigland View Post
    Tmo 8320
    OS 4.5.0.81 platform 2.7.0.78
    file free 4636799 (hmm, was over 5 a minute ago) I only had 1700000 earlier, so i deleted a few unused apps and some old email.
    I've been having to alt+caps+del restart every day!

    What in the heck is going on? Can berries get a virus or is it just a memory leak?
    This sounds like a memory leak to me. You may want to search and see what OS versions are available for your 8320 and see if something newer is out that may fix that.

  4. #4
    Safiy's Avatar
    Safiy no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    Posts
    720
    What apps do you have installed? Some of them run in the background automatically. Goto app switcher "Alt + back arrow" and see whats running. Mobipocket is a good ex. of one of the apps that always run.

  5. #5
    HeywoodJ's Avatar
    HeywoodJ no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    PIN/ID
    pm me
    Posts
    280
    it sounds memory related , if too many apps are running this can happen . also the error logs can fill up over time and eat away at memory, I do the alt lg lg thing and uncheck all the boxes then clear the logs. this stops them from using memory. some people notice the device slowing down a bit over time and this does help some. if you are not on bes then there's no need to log this info.being a business device and built for bes, the device is set up to work with enterprize servers and the like . and removeing these features helps in most cases. but there have been reports of memory leaks, but ithought the leaks were loss of data not a gain like the logs mentioned above. give it a try and see . it cant hurt

  6. #6
    jjspigland's Avatar
    jjspigland no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    PIN/ID
    24337B15
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by Safiy View Post
    What apps do you have installed? Some of them run in the background automatically. Goto app switcher "Alt + back arrow" and see whats running. Mobipocket is a good ex. of one of the apps that always run.
    Just the standard ones I think
    Messages
    browser
    homescreen
    bb messenger
    myfaves
    phone

    I try to keep anything I am not using turned off cause it gets worse!

  7. #7
    jjspigland's Avatar
    jjspigland no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    PIN/ID
    24337B15
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by DCookSta View Post
    This sounds like a memory leak to me. You may want to search and see what OS versions are available for your 8320 and see if something newer is out that may fix that.

    I'm on the newest release of 4.5 from Tmo

  8. #8
    jjspigland's Avatar
    jjspigland no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    PIN/ID
    24337B15
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by HeywoodJ View Post
    it sounds memory related , if too many apps are running this can happen . also the error logs can fill up over time and eat away at memory, I do the alt lg lg thing and uncheck all the boxes then clear the logs. this stops them from using memory. some people notice the device slowing down a bit over time and this does help some. if you are not on bes then there's no need to log this info.being a business device and built for bes, the device is set up to work with enterprize servers and the like . and removeing these features helps in most cases. but there have been reports of memory leaks, but ithought the leaks were loss of data not a gain like the logs mentioned above. give it a try and see . it cant hurt

    Thanks, that log looked really full so I did this and we will see. I'm not BES anyway.

  9. #9
    jjspigland's Avatar
    jjspigland no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    PIN/ID
    24337B15
    Posts
    69
    Ok, I am back at the same spot now. Cleaning the event log helped, but now what!

  10. #10
    usmcangel's Avatar
    usmcangel no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    57
    i'm having the same problembut i cant get above 14. all i have is yahoo, msn,bubble popper file lock peek-a-who i had more before and would get up to 20 and i cant anymore. i deleted apps and themes now my memory wont go past 14 grr should have kept all of it on my bb.
    Stasha


Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •