i have a weird problem, after i charge my phone (plug it in to the ... BlackBerry Curve forum

foregus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    yes

Question slow phone after charging battery

Advertisement

i have a weird problem, after i charge my phone (plug it in to the wall charger) the phone turns really really slow, the little clock shows up and it can be like that for up to 30 minutes, also i cannot use voice dialing, it displays only that it's searching for the library but does nothing, i know how to fix it (battery pull) but it's getting kind of tiresome to have to do a BP after each charge,

has anyone had this issue before?

is there a way to avoid this?

thanks

8310 running on 4.5.0.81 8gb Media card

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Have you tried cleaning out your log file? "Alt" + lglg

And did this exist before you upped to 4.5?

The phone only gets sluggish when charging? Have you tried a different charger? Usb charger maybe?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

PIN/ID
    yes
    this was not happenning before upgrade to 4.5,

it's almost only with the all charger, i have tried USB charger, what logs are deleted when doing this?
    thanks!

PIN/ID
    ask me
    these are device logs, mostly only useful if someone is troubleshooting the device... Generally useless for most of us...

Did you remove your sd card when you upgraded your OS?

Its possible that the OS upgrade didn't go too well, maybe just try to wipe and re install the OS? I can find you instructions for that if you're interested...

DarkScribe no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by foregus View Post
    i have a weird problem, after i charge my phone (plug it in to the wall charger) the phone turns really really slow, the little clock shows up and it can be like that for up to 30 minutes, also i cannot use voice dialing, it displays only that it's searching for the library but does nothing, i know how to fix it (battery pull) but it's getting kind of tiresome to have to do a BP after each charge,

has anyone had this issue before?

is there a way to avoid this?

thanks

8310 running on 4.5.0.81 8gb Media card
    I think I might know what the problem is. If you have a lot of data - music, video, photos etc., on your media card then it will re-scan each time you connect and then disconnect to a computer or a power source unless you change the setting in the device memory to stop it automatically enabling mass storage mode whenever it is connected. Mine was doing that whenever I used a car charger - it acted as though it had been connected to a computer in mass storage mode. It didn't do it with the standard BlackBerry charger though, just anything that charged via a USB connector. I just changed my "Auto enable mass storage mode when connected" in the Options/memory settings from Yes to Prompt and it fixed it.

PIN/ID
    ask me
    sounds viable, it foregus also mentioned that it did this with the wall charger... And that obviously shouldn't trigger mass storage mode at all...

DarkScribe no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by reddrvgon View Post
    sounds viable, it foregus also mentioned that it did this with the wall charger... And that obviously shouldn't trigger mass storage mode at all...

Yes, it shouldn't with the original BlackBerry wall charger, but many dealers sell third party chargers that will appear to the BlackBerry as a computer connection. Any other device charger that charges through a USB port will work if it uses a micro USB connector or has a standard USB outlet socket. They are all 5/5.4 volts and most will match USB 2 specs with regard to current. Motorola, Nokia and some iPod and digital camera chargers all work with the Storm and they will cause the BlackBerry to do its "re-scan everything" trick on disconnection.

I tend to carry an iPod vehicle/mains charging kit (as I have an iPod also) and use it for the BlackBerry rather than travel with a whole bunch of chargers. The BlackBerry's USB connection cable plugs into the iPod's USB charger slot - as long as mass media mode is not auto (it will come up the BlackBerry screen) it all works fine. My Storm, if allowed to rescan - takes fifteen minutes or longer to complete the scan.

It is all pretty much a "try it and see" world with the Storm for me - although it is my fifth BlackBerry.
    Last edited by DarkScribe; 03-13-2009 at 09:48 PM.

PIN/ID
    yes
    i just changed the setting in Option - Media card - Auto Enable mass storage mode when conected : Prompt

for mass storage support what should i select? on or off?

thanks for your help guys, hope this dies the trick

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Keep mass storage at "on"

Otherwise it won't even prompt you to become available to your pc...

PIN/ID
    yes
    Great, thanks!!

PIN/ID
    ask me
    No worries.... Have fun...

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    When i say i have Bold family phones, I meant it, from the older to the younger, even the unborn ;)