Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Originally Posted by bobcw You make a good point Golden, there are some things on ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by bobcw View Post
    You make a good point Golden, there are some things on Sirius I'd rather not give up. I wish Sirius or Slacker would carry Coast To Coast Am and some other talk shows I enjoy.
    You might try Moodio to see if you can get some of the stuff you like there. I still use it for a few specific stations that I like.

Only problem is that you can't "holster" the phone and keep listening if you have one with a magnet/sleep function.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

BerrySmartUser no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    You might try Moodio to see if you can get some of the stuff you like there. I still use it for a few specific stations that I like.

Only problem is that you can't "holster" the phone and keep listening if you have one with a magnet/sleep function.
    Man, I've been looking for something like this for MONTHS! Moodio is awesome! I've been trying to find a way to stream 'WMMS' here in Cleveland, Ohio so I can listen to Rover and Maxwell at work (our building sucks with FM reception).

This is the best thing since sliced bread was invented! Nothing to install! Thanks for sharing this!

Glad you like it Berry. I still use it too when I'm looking for a specific station. I actually listen to the three CSPAN radio stations from time to time if you can imagine that.
    Last edited by jblackfish; 03-22-2009 at 09:47 AM.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

bobcw no está en línea Stack level 2
    Will give Moodio a look, thanks for the hint Fish.

ericjackson no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM Me
    Got a question. My friend has a 8330 with a 4.3OS(didn't look at the exact num) but anyway I installed slacker on her phone earlier and while she was listening to it her phone reset twice??? Once it wouldn't come back on till she hooked it up to the charger. I uninstalled it for her and told her I'd look into it. Anything I could try or any reason why slacker would do this? Its worked perfectly on my bold
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

I'm not aware of an issue with OS 4.3 but there may be one. I'd send a question to Slacker support with the info you posted here and see if they'll help you.

Be aware that this support MAY BE ONLY for paid subscriptions - that would totally be understandable since the version you (and many of us) are using is free.

rxmaker1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Request
    Slacker has no issue with my 8330 running OS 4.3 (I've been procrastinating upgrading to 4.5. Everything works and html email isn't that big of a deal to me). Another music option is the rather new Pandora (I love this app for music). Slacker is great as well but the two are very different and seems to have more options but Pandora taylors your favs and learns your likes quickly). Try using both I can't do without either. The point made about talk shows is valid. If anyone knows about a remedy please point me in the right direction for AM and Talk shows.

Quote Originally Posted by rxmaker1 View Post
    Slacker has no issue with my 8330 running OS 4.3 (I've been procrastinating upgrading to 4.5. Everything works and html email isn't that big of a deal to me). Another music option is the rather new Pandora (I love this app for music). Slacker is great as well but the two are very different and seems to have more options but Pandora taylors your favs and learns your likes quickly). Try using both I can't do without either. The point made about talk shows is valid. If anyone knows about a remedy please point me in the right direction for AM and Talk shows.
    Rx, I don't know about the talk show issue but if you like talk shows, specific radio stations especially, Moodio may be the ticket for you. It doesn't have an icon so you'll have to bookmark it an use it that way.

The stations are easier to set up on Moodio on your P-C and then log in on your phone and listen. Also, f you put your BB in a holster with a (sleep) magnet, it'll shut off. Good luck.

rxmaker1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Request
    Thanks for the pointers Jblackfish! I will check out Moodio! I looked into it while traveling at one point but did
    go on with the set up on my PC. I use the sleep magnet now for some time. It does save a great deal of juice.

Quote Originally Posted by rxmaker1 View Post
    Thanks for the pointers Jblackfish! I will check out Moodio! I looked into it while traveling at one point but did
    go on with the set up on my PC. I use the sleep magnet now for some time. It does save a great deal of juice.
    I use the sleep function too - you just have to NOT use it when you listen to Moodio, which I also use.

sparkyj62 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24acd57e
    Has anyone had an issue using wifi with slacker? it wont play for me... is there a setting i missed? Also I am having trouble caching the station. It keeps telling me i need atleast 150 mb free to cache a station or to delete a cache station... I have plenty of room left on my 1GB media card, and i havent cached a station yet... anyone ese have this issue?

Sparky, I believe that Slacker doesn't actually write to the media card until you connect it using a USB cable - is that part of your cache problem?

I don't know about the wi-fi problem - does is play if you turn wi-fi off?

PIN/ID
    24acd57e
    Yes it plays fine with wifi off and its not that big of a deal unless i want to surf the web using wifi. when i attempt to select the station to cache it on my phone it gives me the message that i need to delete a cached station.... Even after i have connected to the computer i open up slacker on my phone and try to cache a station and it says i dont have enough space to cache. Un-cache a station or free an additonal 125mb on you rmedia card
    Last edited by sparkyj62; 03-22-2009 at 09:42 PM.

PIN/ID
    24acd57e
    Got it to work. dont know how dont know why it didnt work, but it works....

Quote Originally Posted by sparkyj62 View Post
    Got it to work. dont know how dont know why it didnt work, but it works....
    It's a mystery "fix" to offset all of those "mystery problems" - glad it started working for you sparky. Don't try to figure out why - it'll make you nuts. Just be grateful that the "Blackberry gods" are smiling at you.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast