Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

any skype software for 8320 can be downloaded? thanks.... BlackBerry Curve forum

mcbml no está en línea Stack level 2

skype for 8320

Advertisement

any skype software for 8320 can be downloaded? thanks.

greenandgold52 no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i have yet found a way to get skype to work on my 8320(I hope someone has). But I do use a program called iskoot. Which allows me to call my skype contacts. It does use internet and mins. I use it to call international so it helps me.

siccmade no está en línea Stack level 4
    Since the cell network and Wi-Fi are so different, applications (currently) must be coded specifically to take advantage of one or the other (or both).
    there is no Wi-Fi Skype client available for BB yet, but whomever brings it to market first could sell millions of dollars'
    I use IM+ Skype on my Curve for Skype chat and I carry a Pocket PC phone for free Skype Wi-Fi voice calls.
    Last edited by siccmade; 03-29-2008 at 10:15 PM.
    TMO:MYTOUCH 3G SLIDE
    ROM:SlideMeRoot5r1
    KERNEL:2.6.29-5F8ED14

is iskoot program expensive for wifi skype-out calling when I am roaming outside home?

ventz no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Here's the thing (which sucks): ShapeServices made it clear (or told a lie) in their FAQs -- apperantly calls "sound better" when using the gsm/edge setup. Now reading between the lines, that means "we don't want to be suid by every provider in the US" so that's why they write skype programs they create call backs. ATT already went after a company that created a full client for the treo (back when 650 hit the market) and the program was pulled down in about 2 weeks.

greenandgold52 no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~since iskoot uses both regular gsm network as well as the data gprs/edge. It can get costly depending on roaming charges.

So I dont need to source the skype-out software for 8320 in that case.
    Thanks.

rmarkowitz no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    iSkoot (bb skype client) working for me.

It's free and worth a try if you enjoy Skype.

frankthomas no está en línea Stack level 2
    now when using iskoot, does that use data or minutes

volkanerkan no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    252B8E82
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Iskoot himm, let's check it out

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    I don't know anything about Nimbuzz but this user:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...79&postcount=7

says it supports Skype. That might be another alternative to you to check out. Also don't know about the wi-fi issue but one of the users posting here may have some info.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    252B8E82
    Quote Originally Posted by frankthomas View Post
    now when using iskoot, does that use data or minutes

???????????

jikdoc no está en línea Stack level 2
    iskoot uses minutes, it places a call to iskoot's service center which then connects you to your international call. iirc, the iskoot # is a 617 area code.

PIN/ID
    252B8E82
    What if I only send and receive chat messages? NOT any calls?

PIN/ID
    252B8E82
    WHAT DOES IT COST TO USE ISKOOT?
    Making a Skype-to-Skype call: Airtime + A little bit of Data
    When you call a Skype contact on your mobile phone, it costs the same as making a local call – so depending on your mobile calling plan, normal airtime charges may apply. Once you're connected to the Skype network, your call works like a regular voice call from your phone. (iSkoot does NOT connect the call using the cellular data channel.) iSkoot also uses a small amount of data to keep the status of your contacts updated.

Making a SkypeOut call: Airtime + Standard SkypeOut Rates + A little bit of Data
    When making a SkypeOut call using iSkoot, the same basic costs apply as making a Skype-to-Skype call noted above (which means that normal airtime charges may apply, plus some data to keep contact status information updated). In addition, Skype charges the applicable SkypeOut connection rates to connect the call to a regular telephone line, just as they would if the SkypeOut call originated from your PC.

Receiving a Skype Call: Airtime + Skype Mobile Call Forwarding Rates + A little bit of Data
    When you receive an incoming Skype call on your mobile phone, the same basic costs apply as making a Skype-to-Skype call noted above (which means that normal airtime charges may apply, plus some data to keep contact status information updated). In addition, your SkypeOut account will be charged at Skype's call forwarding rates for mobile numbers.

Using Skype Text Chat: A little bit of Data + Some SMS Messages
    When you use Skype text chat on your mobile phone, the service uses your data connection to exchange messages with your chat buddies. In order to notify you immediately when a new chat message is received, iSkoot may send the software on your phone a special SMS message telling it to retrieve the newest message from the server. (Any special chat-related SMS messages won't clog up your Inbox, either!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast