Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The people at geekstoolbox are working on a project to get Sirius working on Blackberry's. ... BlackBerry Curve forum

tavella81 no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

The people at geekstoolbox are working on a project to get Sirius working on Blackberry's. The problem is that Blackberry (4.3/4.5) uses the RTSP format for streaming and unfortunately, the alpha test doesn't work with it. The media player will start to buffer and when it goes to load the data, it can't read the format as it's coming through with a Microsoft codec. MMS is not supported by the browser either. MMS is the streaming format, not picture/videomail. I will provide more info as it become available.

SprintCurvED no está en línea Stack level 1
    I'm a new Curve owner and I have loaded the Orb program with uSirius to stream Howard. Orb seems to work, as I can access my desktop and files, but
    I am among the many who is getting the message that "the media being played is of an unsupported format". I have read through several blogs that state that the stream type needs to be the 3GP-AAC/RTSP or 3GP-AMR/RTSP option, but I have tried all of the combinations that I can think of. Also, I am unclear if I need to change the stream option on the desktop.
    Could someone who has been successful at making this work please post their settings for their computer and their BB for us to copy?
    Many thanks!

1C5
    1C5 no está en línea Stack level 1
    can anyone help... I am having the same exact problem as the poster above me. Tried everything and I still get that error message...

ememery no está en línea Stack level 1
    hey i did as you said and when i go to play howard 100 the media player opens but does not play. I do not get a unsupported format message. If it helps i have a 8330 from sprint with unlimited usage

ememery no está en línea Stack level 1

Error Message

after waiting about 10 min i got the unsupported format message and suggestions

BillsHoe no está en línea Stack level 1
    first post and i want to thank you listened to howard on my 8330 today

MistyBlue0406 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Greatttttttt Information FireCaptain. Thank You. I am gonna check this out!!
    ~MistyBlue0406~

DeathtoToasters no está en línea Stack level 1
    Anyone else have the issue that when they navigate away from the media player while streaming it pauses the stream until you come back?

This is very annoying. I cannot even holster the BB, it pauses the streaming.

I wanted to offer a workaround for the issue that I posted back in August. I was able to get the Orb/uSirius configuration to work when I downloaded Opera as the browser to navigate to Orb. Now it streams Howard and the rest which is awesome. The only issue I experience is that the stream tends to stop and stutter a bit. Listenable, but not optimal.
    I hope this helps others, and if anyone has a solution to the inconsistent streaming, please let me know.

Smurf2598 no está en línea Themes Expert
    PIN/ID
    320FE245
    Quote Originally Posted by k2daizzer View Post
    works with software 4.3 ... easy to setup too love it... but what part of your cell plan does this use

hey buddy, it uses up the data side... anything done from the internet is when u get the blackberry data package includes blackberry messanger, oin messages, 10 email accounts, and sometimes textx... hope this helps
    [FONT=Trebuchet MS]~~ J. SMURF <~~[/FONT]

BBThemesUnltd
    --- My Site
    Follow me on Twitter
    @JSmurfy
    @BBThemesUnltd

NautcaSprt6 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Just a question, and maybe there is an easy fix for this.
    When i listen to Sirius through Orb on my 8330, I somteims get "the media being played is of an unsupported format"
    I click back, refresh, etc... and it still says that. After about 5 or so tries, it finally works.
    Anyone know if there is anything that can be done?
    Check out the Z at www.300CForumZ.com
    Also check out my MySpace at www.MySpace.com/DJBertan

ao4960 no está en línea Stack level 1
    amazing worked great I found out you can even stream divx and mp3's using orb

wellsjc no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    30431C9B
    I just joined this site due to this thread right here. Wonderful.

Back again. My latest battle with the Orb/uSirius/Curve configuration started a couple of days ago. When I launch a Sirius channel on my handset it starts the media player, it shows data transfer happening, but nothing plays. The time counter remains at 0:00, the track ball does not work, even the back key is disabled. I have to hit the end key to exit the internet session. I've uninstalled and reinstalled all components and the media player on the 8830 works with other media, so I'm stumped.
    Does anyone have suggestions?
    What format settings for Orb are generating the best results for you all?

disassemble no está en línea Stack level 2
    I'm a lil upset. This is useless because I have to have my desktop on to uswe this. So wats the point. Ill just stick with moodio

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12