Btw the singapore telecom os is GARBAGE I don't know if there's a thread on ... BlackBerry Curve forum

dnbk2121 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    AsK Me

singapore os BOO!!!

Advertisement

Btw the singapore telecom os is GARBAGE I don't know if there's a thread on this but let me tell you how buggy my phone has been since I put it in......
    1)When I'm in BBM. The words in my convo would like be on top of other words instead of starting a new line at the bottom of the page (sounds weird)
    2) When I was trying to listen to music it wouldn't recognize that my headphones were in an I tried diff. Headphones. I would have to do a battery pull an they would start to work again.

There are a few more things but they are not coming to my mind I will be sure to add them in later if I remember.
    Solution: installed tmo os hopefully it will be better.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

Re: singapore os BOO!!!

Must be something that your phone doesn't like with the OS. I've been running it for quite a while and have really noticed no adverse affects. My BBM runs fine and switching from speaker to headphones in the media app work fine. I haven't really heard anyone else complain about these issues with this OS either, but you can check it out here. http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...2_2_173_a.html

beastbot no está en línea Stack level 1

For me its made no noticable difference -oh except to erase my lovely minimal vodafone white and celadon today themes (which admittedly I never understood how to load)..now I'm stuck with dimension or the att themes- all of which are inappropriate for a grown man in his 30's I think.anyways..sorry to vent

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3

Must be something else to your negative experience...so many have loaded the Singapore Telecom version and had very good experiences. I, personally, loaded it the day it became available, and it is been a significant improvement for me -- and extraordinarily stable ever since.

My earlier problem with disappearing user-defined folder icons (and icons inside them) is GONE.

Memory usage is extremely stable overall -- I can't remember the last time I had to shut down the 8300.

The UI is faster -- it seems to cache the icons far more effectively than the earlier version, so flipping from the Today screen to the Icon view with a Today theme is MUCH faster than with earlier versions.

All in all, I've had excellent experiences with the SingTel version of the 8300 OS.

rrrebo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240466CA

I'm digging it so far....

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Then I suggest you upgrade bud

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Quote Originally Posted by beastbot View Post
    For me its made no noticable difference -oh except to erase my lovely minimal vodafone white and celadon today themes (which admittedly I never understood how to load)..now I'm stuck with dimension or the att themes- all of which are inappropriate for a grown man in his 30's I think.anyways..sorry to vent
    beastbot...edit your blackberry.alx file (in fact, i think i have mine hosted in the singapore OS thread that is a sticky in the 8300 forum) then rerun app loader it will load the vendor themes on to your device then you won't feel so immature

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    beastbot...edit your blackberry.alx file (in fact, i think i have mine hosted in the singapore OS thread that is a sticky in the 8300 forum) then rerun app loader it will load the vendor themes on to your device then you won't feel so immature
    LMAO... u slay me woman!!!

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

I don't understand the original post. The OP says that they loaded the Singapore OS and then loaded the TMO OS and that solved it. If my take on this is correct, TMO never released an 8300 OS , which is also what the Singapore OS is for. It seems that the OP got the wrong OS on their device. I beleive that the OP wanted the Hong Kong OS and not the Singapore OS and then when the TMO was loaded the correct OS for the device was loaded, hence the problems resolved. Am I off base here, or is this the correct issue?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

hmm...well, first you are correct that tmo US didn't release the 8300 OS and second, yes, if the OP tried to install the 8320 tmo US OS, it actually wouldn't even recognize it (i tried lol)

so let's assume that the OP meant that he/she installed the latest TMO UK os?

sometimes, the newest OS doesn't work so well...i've gone all the way to newest, just to go back to the oldest (pearl -- hated the auto dim on the backlight)

dnbk2121 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    AsK Me

Since the singtel I have downloaded the tmo os and things have been running smoothly