So I have a BB Curve, and I would love to automatically save new contacts ... BlackBerry Curve forum

consciousq no está en línea Stack level 1

SIM Phone Book

Advertisement

So I have a BB Curve, and I would love to automatically save new contacts to my sim book and have for it automatically open when I open the address book application. I know right now it auto saves to my phone memory for contacts, and if I want to add something to the sim phone book or open it up I have to use the menu key once in address book. So I would love some help in knowing how to auto setup sim phone book and make it my new best friend Also if I have 25 contacts already on my address book and I want to copy them over to my sim phone book I have to do them one at a time right? That is a fault about blackberries as well I think, the ability not to be able to move all contacts over to sim at once, or maybe you can and I just do not know. I would love any suggestions or help on this matter. On a side note, I would love to know what that noise is inside the blackberry when you shake it, maybe its only on the curve, but it sounds like something is loose in the device itself. Everyone shake your phone up and down and listen to it, you will hear it The question is, has anyone figured out what that is? Good evening to all and to all a goodnight

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: SIM Phone Book

For the SIM phonebook you cannot do a group save to the SIM card. Only one at a time. Is there a reason for you wanting to have numbers on you SIM? Better to sync to Outlook or some sort of PIM.

As for the rattling sound...is it the trackball rattling? Or is it something actually loose inside the device?
    I shake mine and I don't hear anything other than the trackball.

consciousq no está en línea Stack level 1

yes it was the trackball making the noise, once holding it, then shaking, the noise goes away As far as the sim book goes, that was what I was afraid of, one at a time backup. How much space do you think is really taken up when using 250 contacts on your blackberry. I just would like to use the sim book in the future perhaps because it would save space on the device itself and allow it to run a little smoother

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Contacts don't take up any space. Better off to leave them off your SIM. I have my most important contacts saaved to my SIM but that's just for redundancy just incase my outlook dies/gets corrupt. Also you have back ups of your contacts if you backup regularly. I do at the very least once a week. Mostly try to twice a week since my schedule changes so much.

Is there a reason your trying to save space? If your device isn't running so smooth you may want to look into upgrading your OS or deleting unwanted things.