The last few days my phone has been saying Sim Card Error and I have ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Juls85 no está en línea Stack level 2

Sim Error

Advertisement

The last few days my phone has been saying Sim Card Error and I have to completely restart it to get back to normal service. Should I call AT&T and have them send me a new phone, go into the store and talk to the guy who sold me my phone, or maybe I just need a new sim card. Has anyone ever had this issue before? Thanks guys!

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: Sim Error

I'd start by going in to At&t, especially if you can reproduce the error or take the phone in with the error showing. They should be able to either fix the problem or replace the SIM or phone.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro

Try taking the SIM card out and lightly using a pencil eraser on the contacts of the card, sometimes they get dirty and loose the ability to read. If that doesn't work then use Jblackfish's suggestion and get a new card.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ This happened to me last month. All I did was take my phone in with the error showing and left with a new working sim card.

Blakefreak no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242A9091

Been happening to me quite a bit lately as well.
    I just switched over to AT&T from T-Mobile and the sim car is literally less than a week oldand I never had this problem with the same phone on T-Mobile.

im in the same situation. i just switched over from tmobile and im wondering whats up its been barely a month. i usually just restart the phone and its fine, but i cant figure out why suddenly over the last 3 days it was doing this. looks like ill be going into at&t

Quote Originally Posted by Juls85 View Post
    im in the same situation. i just switched over from tmobile and im wondering whats up its been barely a month. i usually just restart the phone and its fine, but i cant figure out why suddenly over the last 3 days it was doing this. looks like ill be going into at&t
    There have been frequent outages reported from RIM and other carriers. It's not just T-Mobile.

its not an outage though its a sim error on at&t

That came out wrong. I meant to say that all carriers can have SIM card problems. Sorry.

Blakefreak no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242A9091

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Yes but itks odd that over the last few days itks been a realatively major problem with AT&T.
    Otherwise the service is great.
    Its a new experience to have a signal.