Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

lift the front end with ur nails and pull out it worked for me.... BlackBerry Curve forum

anoxia187 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Advertisement

lift the front end with ur nails and pull out it worked for me.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by anoxia187 View Post
    lift the front end with ur nails and pull out it worked for me.
    Here is why I advise that using the method you are, is a very bad idea.

I've got a lot of experience swapping sims from phone to phone, and therefore I've seen just how thin the electronic circuitry is on the sim chip. They are very durable unless they are flexed like you are describing. Then what happens is a very tiny break can occur in the contact area, which is impossible to see with your eyes. And yet what happens is it will create odd faults and intermittent problems with the phone. It then becomes very difficult to diagnose, as it doesn't always happen right after you have removed and replaced the sim. Thus you end up returning the phone because you and your carrier believe it's defective. The phone they send you is a refurbished unit, and now you've lost your perfectly good new phone.

I've had two friends go through this. One works in a lab with microscopes that he used to look at his sim card with, as no sooner did he get a refurb and it did the same thing. So I suggested he check the sim and sure enough it had a hairline crack near the contacts. So he ended up exchanging it for a new sim and still had an old refurbished phone. Not a happy ending if you ask me.

I never pry mine, or bend it in the slightest, I do what AT&T suggested and it works fast and very easy. Simply use a piece of scotch tape to pull it out. No bending involved and you are saving your BlackBerry in the process.

Cheers
    Last edited by archer6; 12-21-2008 at 10:06 PM.

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    Congrats on getting the 8900! What do ya think of it?
    Last edited by Berryadict; 12-21-2008 at 10:23 PM.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Thanks for the info i didnt know that !

Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post

I've got a lot of experience swapping sims from phone to phone, and therefore I've seen just how thin the electronic circuitry is on the sim chip. They are very durable unless they are flexed like you are describing. Then what happens is a very tiny break can occur in the contact area, which is impossible to see with your eyes. And yet what happens is it will create odd faults and intermittent problems with the phone. It then becomes very difficult to diagnose, as it doesn't always happen right after you have removed and replaced the sim. Thus you end up returning the phone because you and your carrier believe it's defective. The phone they send you is a refurbished unit, and now you've lost your perfectly good new phone.

I've had two friends go through this. One works in a lab with microscopes that he used to look at his sim card with, as no sooner did he get a refurb and it did the same thing. So I suggested he check the sim and sure enough it had a hairline crack near the contacts. So he ended up exchanging it for a new sim and still had an old refurbished phone. Not a happy ending if you ask me.

I never pry mine, or bend it in the slightest, I do what AT&T suggested and it works fast and very easy. Simply use a piece of scotch tape to pull it out. No bending involved and you are saving your BlackBerry in the process.

Cheers

XLiMBS no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    20F3D846
    It actually isn't working right now lol, it just up and decided to stop working when I sat it down the other day. Desktop manager won't even detect it, probably gonna have to replace it.

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Sorry to hear that

anoxia187 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post

Cheers

thanks for the info bro

Kebela no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile 8900 sims card removal

You need to take out the battery first, then you can slide it right out with your finger. Just tried mine for the first time and it worked easily.

terrapin no está en línea Stack Pro

hard....

I agree - It is is extremely hard getting it out - I actually slide it out as far as it will go, which isnt far at all, then slightly bend the sim upwards and grip it. probably not the best method...

There is NO locking mechanism that locks it in place.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12