I'm having an intermittent issue where I get this message occasionally on my 8320. Basically ... BlackBerry Curve forum

bfourney no está en línea Stack level 1

SIM Card Rejected Message

Advertisement

I'm having an intermittent issue where I get this message occasionally on my 8320. Basically it disables the radio and says "SOS" as if there's no SIM card installed. Turning the Curve off and on again usually fixes it. It seems to be possibly related to the UMA failing to connect for whatever reason but I'm not sure. I tried checking the SIM card today and everything seems good, the SIM card is from my old Pearl however.

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Re: SIM Card Rejected Message

Did you get the SIM card when you bought your Pearl? If so, I'm a little surprised that its giving you that hassle. You might want to check out a new SIM card and see if you get the same error. If so, you may have a defective phone.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

supersauce no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

ya go into tmobile store and just ask them to trouble shoot for you. they should issue a new sim card just make sure your contacts are copied to your sim. you should then know if its just the sim. if that doesnt work like LaTuFu said you have to get a warranty exchange on the phone.

brooke03 no está en línea Stack level 6

I used to get this problem all the time on my Pearl. Apparently the little tab was semi-loose and would never really lock all that well. Any time I would drop the phone or barely tap it against something, it would go into SOS. Even when I would sit my purse down with it inside! They replaced it for me, no prob. Hope this helps.
    /~*brooke

bfourney no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by LaTuFu View Post
    Did you get the SIM card when you bought your Pearl? If so, I'm a little surprised that its giving you that hassle. You might want to check out a new SIM card and see if you get the same error. If so, you may have a defective phone.
    I did get it when I bought the Pearl, and I mean I never really took it out or put any excessive wear on it. They sent me a spare SIM card when they sent the phone so I guess I can try that since I don't thing they will be able to check it in the store - it only happens maybe once or twice a week. Do I just pop the new SIM card in or do I need to configure it in any way?

takadante no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24B2C963

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ the new sim card will have to be activated. Your old sim card will be disabled. You can activate your SIM by calling your provider or taking It to the nearest store.

Good luck.
    Last edited by takadante; 11-14-2007 at 09:12 PM.

jonesjj no está en línea Stack level 3

Make sure the sim card lock is locked all the way. The metal slider should go all the way to the edge of the sim card. A loose card will give you the sos message.

jeno no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~he is right make sure you're sim card is sitting flat and correct in its space and that it locked in securly

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

This happens to me occasionally, but only when I connect to one specific router. A soft reset usually fixes it, but I usually don't notice for a little while and it's kind of annoying to be missing calls and emails and such. I've had the same SIM card for about 2.5 years, perhaps it's time to replace it.

btrky no está en línea Stack level 1

If you are an ATT user, ATT is having issues in some "Switches". This is happening to all our BB users.

They are not making this public unless you ask. My account rep confirmed it. (I manage an account with about 400 lines)