For some reason lately my curve will randomly give me a Sim Card Error. This ... BlackBerry Curve forum

phathead no está en línea Stack level 2

Sim Card Errors

Advertisement

For some reason lately my curve will randomly give me a Sim Card Error. This occurs when its just sitting on my coffee table for instance. I will reboot it and it will go away, but sometimes it happens again a few minutes later. Any ideas?

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro
    Sometimes dirty contacts can cause that. I have used a pencil eraser before to lightly clean the contacts of the card and reseat it. Try that and let me know.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Quote Originally Posted by doughdaddy View Post
    Sometimes dirty contacts can cause that. I have used a pencil eraser before to lightly clean the contacts of the card and reseat it. Try that and let me know.
    what else could cause it doughdaddy? My wife has a brand new 8100 and it does that. I dont think its dirty, its still very new. Any suggestions?

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro
    If cleaning doesn't work then have the carrier replace the SIM card. It may be defective. If you have done that then maybe the contacts on the BB are worn or not making contact and that should be checked by a tech.

martinrrrr no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have a new one also and I occasionally get that error. About once every two weeks. A reboot always clears it up. It bugs me as to why but it doesn't do it enough, yet, to bother me, yet.

krees23 no está en línea Stack level 2
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    My BB Curve does it once in a while too. I wonder if there's a common factor here with either Carrier or firmware version?

I go through T-Mobile and O/S is version 4.2.2.180

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    Alot of times when I see this with customers, we remove the battery and the SIM falls out, the design of the SIM holder leaves some to be desired. You have to push down on it and slide it, and the pushing down is not as easy as one would like. SOme of it maybe software based. We see alot of issues with Curves and the old Voicestream SIM cards too, if you have TMO and a SIM with Black letters and NO pink T, then get a New SIM!
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

amistry no está en línea Stack level 1
    Happened to both me and my friend after dropping the phone (gasp!)

Mine never happened again, her's kept happening even after. maybe just jarred something (hers was a pearl, mine was a curve for what its worth!)

Blakefreak no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242A9091
    My 8320 gets the sim card errors every day I used it.
    My 8310 has yet to do so.
    Same sim card.
    8320 is two months older than the 8310.
    Both were bought from the carriers.

ShaggySS no está en línea Stack level 1
    I myself had this same problem. At work we have 50 of these phones and no one else has ever reported an issue like this. First occurance I requested a new sim. Second time I got a new phone. The next few times I just pulled the battery and replaced it. About 2 weeks ago I got another new phone and a new sim. At the same time I copied all the needed files off my micro SD card, formatted and copied the files back. If I didn’t know what the file was I deleted it. My phone has been sim card error free for 2 weeks.

jhnnyfiv no está en línea Stack level 1
    I, too, am having the same issues. This must be a software issue. Seems a bit odd that all of us would have dirty contacts between the sim card and phone. But I guess I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time!

peterthill no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    281860C8

Perhaps the SIM is to old and works not correct in the BB. Call you provider or goto a shopnearby for a new card.

HTH
    Peter

chknlomein no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24646FEB
    I too, actually have been having this issue for the past 2 days...it is quite annoying and have never had the issue before in the past year i've had my 8100. I'll give it one more day and if it continues, i'll stop in at my AT&T store and see a boot a new SIM Card

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Used to get it with my Pearl when I'd remove the SIM. It usually went away if I reseated it and kinda wiggled it around a little before clipping it in. This will lightly scratch the contacts where the pins connect and give a better connection.

Once it was working though, it never randomly popped up.
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    although it seems to happen to both the 81xx and 83xx series, it seems prevalent in the 81xx series. Im wondering also if its a firmware issue, Ive had my 8300 for about 4 months and its never done that, even with a 2 yr old SIM card. My wifes 8100 as I said in an earlier post, does this daily and her phone and SIM are 1 month old.