So far in one month Ive had this error 3 times. Its only briefly and ... BlackBerry Curve forum

HyperM3 no está en línea Stack level 3

Sim card error - SOS only

Advertisement

So far in one month Ive had this error 3 times. Its only briefly and for about a minute or two. Went to a store and they said it was a curve issue, not the sim card and I should get it replaced under warranty.

Anyone else have this happen?

jedd206 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2404E130

Re: Sim card error - SOS only

IF you're within the innitial 30 days, they will replace it in store for you, no need to go thru warrenty. If you do go thru warrenty exchange be sure to request a NEW curve, not a refurb. And no this is the first issue that I have heard about with the Curve. Unfortunately its not terribly uncommon for GSM devices have their sim readers give up the ghost......

HyperM3 no está en línea Stack level 3

Unfortunately Im out of my 30 days. Im afraid to do a warranty exchange just because I dont want a refurb. However, hopefully Ill get rid of the stupid dust under the screen issue also if I do. Im so perplexed as I dont want to end up with a curve with a bad trackball or some other issue mine doesnt have at the moment.

PIN/ID
    2404E130

If you request a new device versus a refurb, you will get a new device. Just make sure that the rep you talk to notates your account and you should be fine. If you have any questions about whether or not you recieved a new Curve, just go to a Corporate owned AT&T store and they can do an IMEI search to make sure that the device has never been activated, and that this is the first time it has been in the market......

rrrebo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240466CA

IMO,FWIW:

The first thing you should try (assuming you haven't already) is to reseat your SIM card and make dead sure the contacts are clean and the clip is seated securely. I found mine needed quite a bit of muscle to get to click completely closed.

If it keeps happening, go to the store and ask for a replacement SIM card. They should give it to you for nothing, and should also be able to transfer your contacts from the old card to the new one. There is no reason they should refuse to do this. It will cost them far less to replace a SIM chip than to replace an entire Curve.

If it STILL happens, THEN look into getting a replacement device.

supafli20 no está en línea Stack level 2

I had the same problem. I t seems as though the sim card was the problem as I popped in a replacement SIM and its worked just fine. So I would try to change the SIM for.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    2404E130

Quote Originally Posted by supafli20
    I had the same problem. I t seems as though the sim card was the problem as I popped in a replacement SIM and its worked just fine. So I would try to change the SIM for.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    SIM cards aren't exactly the most high end piece of equipment that AT&T sells. They do have a tendancy to go bad once in a while.....but if the SIM has been replaced at least twice, its time to take advantage of the warrenty.

manapuaman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23f011d6

My pearl did the same thing as well as two other friends with a pearl and curve. Is AT&T doing something or RIM? My daughter's Nokia 6126 also does the same thing.

manapuaman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23f011d6

Changed the sim and fine but now my pearl does the same thing and a sim change didn't help.