Im thinking about getting a curve on tmobile mainly because my pearl's buttons are going ... BlackBerry Curve forum

NYC BELLA 86 xO no está en línea Stack level 2

silly question...

Advertisement

Im thinking about getting a curve on tmobile mainly because my pearl's buttons are going and to be honest, as much as i love my pearl, the suretype can be frusterating.

i have a pretty silly and random question for curve owners; do you have a choice for your text? For example, when i had a sidekick, i got to choose if i wanted to use standard initial caps or all lowercase. [like "I am tired" or "i am tired".]

i thought maybe this would be an option since the curve has a full qwerty keyboard. But i wanted to hear from owners before i take the plunge.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    it has the same shortcuts - a double space will put in the . and capitalize the next word for your It will also capitalize the first letter you type for you.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

Is there a way to disable that though? To just type in lowercase instead of capitalizing the letter of each sentence and proper names & words.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

dhyde79 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319FB186
    uhm.....why would you want to NOT type in proper english? do you often text people that can't follow it?

Actually yeah lol .. but thats besides the point.
    Forget it, ill figure it out if i get the curve but thanks anyway
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Ive had 4 diff models of BBs. Two with suretype, two with full keyboard. Before I got this 8300 I had the 8100 pearl. I will NEVER have another device besides the 83xx series. You will not be dissapointed with the Curve.

PIN/ID
    319FB186
    wow, just wow, that's all I can say. as far as pearl vs curve, curve wins, can't wait for my carrier to pick it up.

Quote Originally Posted by dhyde79 View Post
    wow, just wow, that's all I can say. as far as pearl vs curve, curve wins, can't wait for my carrier to pick it up.
    Haha yeah, I have this one friend that has a "regular" phone and uses T9 and I can NEVER tell what she says. I always use proper English, I was just curious if the Curve had that particular option.

As for the Curve races I keep reading, I think I may go for it once I can officially upgrade... But I'm still weighing my options.

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Curve doesn't have T9, suretype, etc... no bb qwerty's do

PIN/ID
    319FB186
    yep, so, if you wanted to type in shorthand, you can, if you don't want it to auto-caps, I don't know how hard it is to kill it....