I just moved from an 88xx to the curve 8310. Whenever I send an email ... BlackBerry Curve forum

newleonne no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24a2aaeb

Question Silly qn about sent emails being marked unread on my curve

Advertisement

I just moved from an 88xx to the curve 8310. Whenever I send an email message the sent message shows up on the list of messages as unread / as a new message.

On my last bb sent messages would show up on the list, however they would be marked as read / already opened. I have tried matching email options but cannot seem to get this feature disabled.

It is frustrating having to go back and mark all sent emails as read. I would like to disable my sent messages from showing up as new on the message list.

Can anyone offer me any tips on how to change this or point me in the right direction?

Carrier is ATT, OS is 4.2.2.170
    Thanks

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    You can log in to your BIS page and set up a filter for that email. On the line with the email account you want to edit, click filters, add filter,

I give my filter the name "Sent Mail",

"apply filter when" should be set to "from" field

and "contains" should be your email address

and select "Do not forward messages to device" then click "Add Filter" and that should take care of it.

I think I remembered all the steps, post back if you have trouble with it.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

newleonne no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24a2aaeb
    Thanks azstar,

I also found another solution aka the cause of the problem. All my email accounts are either gmail or domain accounts using google apps. When setting up the email accounts I entered in my email address and password and BIS automatically set up POP accounts. Google has a POP account "conversation feature" where it tracks both incoming and outgoing mail and the result of this tracking on the BB seems to be the mail forward of the outgoing mail.

Anyway, I used the instructions here
    http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...n&answer=78882
    to set up all my BB emails using gmails imap servers and it worked fine. No more sent email showing up as a new message on my bb

Thanks

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Glad it worked out for you, there's usually more than one way to figure things out. Good job troubleshooting and I'm sure your solution can be beneficial to others as well.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4