Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I found 4.5.0.33 for the 8330. The question is, should I try to give it ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Noah0504 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31ADF0A2

Should I Try installing 4.5?

Advertisement

I found 4.5.0.33 for the 8330. The question is, should I try to give it a whirl, or should I just be patient and wait for it to actually be released -- whenever that may be.

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6
    If there's not an official release for your device, you'll be loading beta software, which is not for public use.

If you do decide to try it, make sure you back up all of your data and third party software. The Backup Manager on the Desktop Manager will save your data, use Javaloader to save your third party software. You can look through the Guides section above to find info on it if you don't know about it already.

The safest bet is to wait until September. From what I've read, the main benefits of 4.5 are the voice recorder, the browser, and html email. It also has Docs to Go which takes up about 2mg of space.

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    I agree with the above post. It is a really great upgrade but be sure you're prepared for the worst(Bricked Phone, Fried SIM card). Also I wouldn't recommend installing a non-official or different carriers release unless you are familiar with backup/restore and advanced BlackBerry troubleshooting.

toddone no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2nd that note, I just dl 4.5 for my 8330 and so far its smooth. But I will have to see what else happens~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

natesax7 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244d259a
    Just keep in mind that the "stackers" are always here to help.

I have gone back and forth from 4.5 a couple of times because it is a bit glitchy. (slower response from keypad and trackball, slower reading media card...etc)

The biggest advantage now that the BIS 2.5 has been released is the HTML email. It's really nice to be able to see an email as it was created instead of the lines of code it was written in. (did that make sense?).

All in all, an official release will be nice to have!

stunna54960 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I also put 4.5 on my 8330 with no problems yet...the new media player is way better than 4.3, and html email is wonderful...also if the people who replied would have read that the OP had an 8330 they would know that it already has voice recorder, and does not have a sim card slot therefore would not be able to fry one

bbpearldean no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31A3C466
    Can someone explain html format email. What advantage is this with my 8330. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

scorpiodsu no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by bbpearldean View Post
    Can someone explain html format email. What advantage is this with my 8330. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    That just means you will get to see all the pictures in your email rather than the links. You know when you get an email now, you get a whole bunch of links, but when you go to your yahoo, gmail, etc... inbox and view the email, you get to see the all the pictures. This is what HTML email will do for your phone.

HTML a language used to develop web pages. Advanced web-developers can develop pages in HTML code (because they understand it) rather than need a web development template or any other hosting program that will allow you to create a webpage without knowing html e.g. myspace.

popo341 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    329249D2
    I just would like to know why must we all wait for OS 4.5? They have upgraded the servers so let us enjoy our emails on our devices.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

yettiman2208 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Hmmm but has verizon upgraded their servers? Or any providor with the 8330 ?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

toddone no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by yettiman2208 View Post
    Hmmm but has verizon upgraded their servers? Or any providor with the 8330 ?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Yes, vzw has updated their server for bis 2.5. I'm on 4.5 now with my 8330 and it looks great

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Just go for it. There isn't anything that you can't fix on this thing. And if you can't , well, there are a ton of people here to help get it back to normal.

I have "bricked" my phone twice and haev always been able to restore it. You just have to remember to back up the phone before you do anything....this way if you brick it, your contacts and stuff are still right there.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

04Taco no está en línea Stack level 3
    Does anybody have an actual firm date of the release of 4.5 for the 8330? I see dates that are speculation but haven't seen anything firm yet.

ElCamino no está en línea Stack level 3
    I installed 4.5 on my Sprint 8330 and is working fine so far. I do have some 3rd party programs and they all seem to be working fine. I also did a backup first just in case something was buggy. So far there is a few I noticed, and there has been post about it. One is the browser if you use the mouse that points to say a box where you would type some info for the web and you move the mouse over it and go to the next box and come back to the one you passed by it doesn't let you type anything. Another thing I noticed is if you recieve a Voice Note through the Blackberry Messanger it doesn't play it. It stays at buffering and never plays back. What you have to do is save it and then go to the folder in the media center and play it. You can still send voice notes to other blackberry using BB Messanger with no problem. So far its working good and I had 36MB left of free space after the upgrade to 4.5

bluemoon1964 no está en línea Stack level 3
    could anyone tell me what version of desktop manager you are using with this 4.5? im thinking of giving this a whirl but i have desktop version 4.3 tyvm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast