Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Originally Posted by Amigotek We haven't been able to figure it out either. The stores ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jedd206 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2404E130

Re: Should I dump T-Mo and get the AT&T Curve?

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Amigotek
    We haven't been able to figure it out either. The stores that have called have been told it is a known issue with no resolution yet. I know on a personal level it sucks for me on the EDGE network. The bad thing about losing EDGE is I don't even get notification that I lost it. My phone still thinks it has EDGE until it fails connecting to the internet or it repairs the connection itself and I get a crapload of email's in at once.

Zo
    How long have you had the 8700? I know that after about 2 years the EDGE connection begins to fade considerabely.

PIN/ID
    2404E130

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie_gauge
    Deutsche Telecom (parent company) is an old baby. But TMO USA runs independent from DT ( DT just pays the bills). "In May 2001, VoiceStream, along with Southern regional carrier Powertel were acquired by Deutsche Telekom for $24 billion, and changed nationally to the T-Mobile name in September 2002." Voicestream spun off of western wireless in '99 so even if you want to go with that date it's only been 8 years. How long has the other of the "Big 5" been around? And Tmobile coverage is at least "comparible" in most areas. That's pretty good growth.
    We can debate this until the second comming....bottom line, you are right about going with what works best for you. I am extremely biased against TMO (i swear that it has nothing to do with the fact that AT&T's union payed roughly 1.7 million in medical bills when my twins were born)

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

Quote Originally Posted by jedd206
    We can debate this until the second comming....bottom line, you are right about going with what works best for you. I am extremely biased against TMO (i swear that it has nothing to do with the fact that AT&T's union payed roughly 1.7 million in medical bills when my twins were born)
    Lol.

I have had mine for under a year. If it was just my unit I would pass it off as an issue since it was one we rebuilt in house, but I am getting too many reports from cingular/at&t employees about their own phones (not just BB's) having issues with the EDGE network here.

Zo

PIN/ID
    2404E130

Lol.

I have had mine for under a year. If it was just my unit I would pass it off as an issue since it was one we rebuilt in house, but I am getting too many reports from cingular/at&t employees about their own phones (not just BB's) having issues with the EDGE network here.

Zo
    ok.....somebody from the coverage team needs to quit loligaggin and figure whats up with that. Those guys work tirelesly up here to find and fix data network or voice coverage issues....then again they kinda have to what with the rather mountainous terrain and 300 days of rain a year (can you guess where I live yet)?

PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

I would guess that you are either in Northern Cali, Oregon, or Washington State. lol

Zo

PIN/ID
    2404E130

I would guess that you are either in Northern Cali, Oregon, or Washington State. lol

Zo
    AND WE HAVE A WINNER......Seattle actually

PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

Test market for @home. lol

Now I think I know why they chose there to try out VOIP over Wi-Fi lol. You guys must have crappy coverage for T-Mobile up there.

Zo

Webby no está en línea Stack level 3

I think I', gonna switch to AT&T. I CAN NOT wait for the curve and it's gotten so many good reviews. I don't really care for wifi. I use Opera on my 8700g and it is fast enough. Thanks all for the input.

PIN/ID
    ask me

I have a curve on T-mobile and love it.

I say stick with T-mobile personally I like their plans better.

I have the BB plan for 29.99 which also allows me to goto T-mobile hotspots such as Starbucks, Borders, etc and use the free wifi there which I do pretty often.

I also like the unlimited messaging for 14.99 which includes text, mms, and IM but i use IM with the data not the bad messengers that come on the phone

jchancellor no está en línea Stack level 1

I would stay with T-Mobile. I switched from them to AT&T to get the curve. If I could go back I would. The cell reception, reliability and customer service at T-mobile is far superior to AT&T.

PIN/ID
    ask me

Quote Originally Posted by jchancellor
    I would stay with T-Mobile. I switched from them to AT&T to get the curve. If I could go back I would. The cell reception, reliability and customer service at T-mobile is far superior to AT&T.
    I totally agree with you. I was a former customer of ATT before they switched to Cingular and I hated that I had to enter "special codes" on my phone just so I could get reception where I worked. It seemed like too much of a hastle from time to time.

Webby no está en línea Stack level 3

I already ordered the curve from AT&T. But I will try to unlock it myself. Because I know I will also miss T-Mobile.

Quote Originally Posted by withoutink
    I totally agree with you. I was a former customer of ATT before they switched to Cingular and I hated that I had to enter "special codes" on my phone just so I could get reception where I worked. It seemed like too much of a hastle from time to time.

Souly no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~WELL ASIDE FROM LL THAT HOW BOUT THE FACT THAT CINGULAR/AT&T WILL NOT INSURE ANY PDA'S YUP NO INSURANCE! YUP IPHONES ALSO!to each his own thou lol

GBallew no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2404b3a8

Wow, so jedd...what store do you work at?? I live and work in Everett myself.

So, "Free"-Mobile has cheaper plans, agreed. However, to say that they have a superior network just shows either ignorance or apathy on the matter. Yes, it depends on the area your in and yes all carriers have their strong and weak spots...T-Mo just has a LOT more of those weak areas than all other major carriers. They're plans are cheap, and their network pays for it. Think about it logically, without the revenue that is provided by a higher rate plan, how can T-mo regularly update their network and expand it as needed. at&t is the only company spending $18 billion dollars a year to improve our network. I live in Western Washington and drive everywhere due to family and friends, and have never had a fault in service. When I was a customer of Verizon or T-mo, I couldn't say that. I had the WORST reception with T-Mo, and Verizon wasn't too far behind either. One think I love about at&t is that they don't just stick to the highly populated Metro areas. At&t puts service out into the boondocks, as opposed to our competition. At&t has a Superior network hands down, maybe not the fastest in all areas...But when HSDPA is launched, that will get better.
    Cingular is now the new at&t

PIN/ID
    2404E130

Quote Originally Posted by GBallew
    Wow, so jedd...what store do you work at?? I live and work in Everett myself.

So, "Free"-Mobile has cheaper plans, agreed. However, to say that they have a superior network just shows either ignorance or apathy on the matter. Yes, it depends on the area your in and yes all carriers have their strong and weak spots...T-Mo just has a LOT more of those weak areas than all other major carriers. They're plans are cheap, and their network pays for it. Think about it logically, without the revenue that is provided by a higher rate plan, how can T-mo regularly update their network and expand it as needed. at&t is the only company spending $18 billion dollars a year to improve our network. I live in Western Washington and drive everywhere due to family and friends, and have never had a fault in service. When I was a customer of Verizon or T-mo, I couldn't say that. I had the WORST reception with T-Mo, and Verizon wasn't too far behind either. One think I love about at&t is that they don't just stick to the highly populated Metro areas. At&t puts service out into the boondocks, as opposed to our competition. At&t has a Superior network hands down, maybe not the fastest in all areas...But when HSDPA is launched, that will get better.
    I spent a year and a half at the Bellevue Square store. No I'm at the Factoria Blvd location.....Pretty much hit the nail on the head.....AT&T's network runs circles around "free mobile" and voda......er verizon. ESPECIALLY in the less populated areas (at least in our state). Good luck living in Snohomish or Pierce county and using "free mobile" for anything more than a paper weight!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast