Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

The BIGGEST reason to jump to AT&T if you want the Curve is the extreme ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jedd206 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2404E130

Smile Re: Should I dump T-Mo and get the AT&T Curve?

Advertisement

The BIGGEST reason to jump to AT&T if you want the Curve is the extreme upgrade in the data network. AT%T's data network runs circles around TMO's. And NO AT&T is not that much more expensive that TMO.

PIN/ID
    2404E130

Re: Should I dump T-Mo and get the AT&T Curve?

Quote Originally Posted by HeyMrRadio
    TMO - 1000 Minutes + N&W - $39.99
    TMO - Unlmted Msgs - $14.99

AT&T - 900 Minutes + N&W - $59.99
    AT&T - Unlmted Msgs - $19.99

Thats enough already.
    no m2m with the 39.99 plan, data network with holes the size of Alaska......nuff said

PIN/ID
    2404E130

Quote Originally Posted by HeyMrRadio
    ...correct me if Im wrong.

TMO Blackberry addon to voiceplan - $19.99
    AT&T Blackberry addon to voiceplan - $29.99
    29.99 of you're using BIS only. 44.99 if you are going to hook into a server.

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Quote Originally Posted by poloimposter
    Regardless of TMO having a better price plan under data or voice in my area Long Island your lucky if you even get calls on the phone TMO is terrible here such a horrible service but for those out west TMO is apparently the way to go.
    I'd love to know where in long island you live. I have tmo and haven't had one dropped call as of yet.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

Quote Originally Posted by jedd206
    The BIGGEST reason to jump to AT&T if you want the Curve is the extreme upgrade in the data network. AT%T's data network runs circles around TMO's. And NO AT&T is not that much more expensive that TMO.
    Actually on a BB, the data network here in my area is more stable on T-Mo than it is on Cing (I have an 8700c and my Step-Bro has an 8100 and he has better data coverage than I do). In fact, since the launch of the iPhone my data reliability has decreased to the point that I lose EDGE at least once a day. Unbeknownst to most (found out through our PC connected to T-Mobile through a PC-Card) at&t wasn't the only one to update their Edge Network. T-Mobile here is connecting at over 240 on a PC.

Zo

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Good points on both sides of the fence here....but I say...if you really want it....go get it! Cause the Curve is a dam good phone! I'm on ATT and I have no complaints with the bill or anything else.

PIN/ID
    2404E130

Quote Originally Posted by Amigotek
    Actually on a BB, the data network here in my area is more stable on T-Mo than it is on Cing (I have an 8700c and my Step-Bro has an 8100 and he has better data coverage than I do). In fact, since the launch of the iPhone my data reliability has decreased to the point that I lose EDGE at least once a day. Unbeknownst to most (found out through our PC connected to T-Mobile through a PC-Card) at&t wasn't the only one to update their Edge Network. T-Mobile here is connecting at over 240 on a PC.

Zo
    where is your area? out here on the left coast is what I was referring to. I'm not jaded enough to believe that AT&T has no issues with their data network, but I'll bet on AT&Ts any day over TMO.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

where is your area? out here on the left coast is what I was referring to. I'm not jaded enough to believe that AT&T has no issues with their data network, but I'll bet on AT&Ts any day over TMO.
    I wouldn't bet on either network. That's just losing money. Either way you go there will be strong spots and weak spots , good areas and bad. You need to see what works best for you where you need it the most. If you get better signal at home, work, etc. go with that one. My only Kudos to TMO is that they are still relatively a baby in the wireless game and are making up time very quickly.

PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

I am in DFW. Dallas, Fort Worth Market.

Zo

PIN/ID
    2404E130

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie_gauge
    I wouldn't bet on either network. That's just losing money. Either way you go there will be strong spots and weak spots , good areas and bad. You need to see what works best for you where you need it the most. If you get better signal at home, work, etc. go with that one. My only Kudos to TMO is that they are still relatively a baby in the wireless game and are making up time very quickly.
    ummm....second largest cellular provider worldwide behind Vodafone....launched in the US in 1998.....thats an OLD baby! Your points about coverage are good though. It just makes no sense to me that TMO launched on the W.C. and their data coverage her is god-awful terrible. At the last BB training I attended, the BB rep (he services all carriers out here, so no bias) told all in attendance that TMO only had EDGE on FOUR (4) towers in my state....theres just no excuse for that!

PIN/ID
    2404E130

I am in DFW. Dallas, Fort Worth Market.

Zo
    REALLY......thats suprising to me (not that you're in DFW) with the AT&T corporate warehouse down in your neck of the woods and the main AT&T HQ one state away, I'd assume your data coverage would be awsome. You really need to go into a corporate owned store and have them submit a trouble ticket for your area.

PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

I do repairs here and have 12 at&t stores as my customers. They are all reporting the same issues when I talk to them. Most of them happened after iPhone launch. One store went from 4 bars on 3g to 2 overnight at launch.

Zo

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

ummm....second largest cellular provider worldwide behind Vodafone....launched in the US in 1998.....thats an OLD baby! Your points about coverage are good though. It just makes no sense to me that TMO launched on the W.C. and their data coverage her is god-awful terrible. At the last BB training I attended, the BB rep (he services all carriers out here, so no bias) told all in attendance that TMO only had EDGE on FOUR (4) towers in my state....theres just no excuse for that!
    Deutsche Telecom (parent company) is an old baby. But TMO USA runs independent from DT ( DT just pays the bills). "In May 2001, VoiceStream, along with Southern regional carrier Powertel were acquired by Deutsche Telekom for $24 billion, and changed nationally to the T-Mobile name in September 2002." Voicestream spun off of western wireless in '99 so even if you want to go with that date it's only been 8 years. How long has the other of the "Big 5" been around? And Tmobile coverage is at least "comparible" in most areas. That's pretty good growth.

PIN/ID
    2404E130

I do repairs here and have 12 at&t stores as my customers. They are all reporting the same issues when I talk to them. Most of them happened after iPhone launch. One store went from 4 bars on 3g to 2 overnight at launch.

Zo
    not quite sure why the launch of the broke.....er Iphone would effect the 3G network. its not even a 3G device.

PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

We haven't been able to figure it out either. The stores that have called have been told it is a known issue with no resolution yet. I know on a personal level it sucks for me on the EDGE network. The bad thing about losing EDGE is I don't even get notification that I lost it. My phone still thinks it has EDGE until it fails connecting to the internet or it repairs the connection itself and I get a crapload of email's in at once.

Zo

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast