Dialing from the home screen was nice, however I have turned it off because I ... BlackBerry Curve forum

germy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241bb585

Shortcut Keys

Advertisement

Dialing from the home screen was nice, however I have turned it off because I like the key/letter shortcuts that it allows from the home screen.

B for browser
    M for messages
    N for BB Messenger
    L for Calendar
    O for Options
    R for Alarm

and such as and so forth.

What I don't understand is there is NOT a key for the SMS & MMS inbox. I used to have the emails and SMS mailboxes merged but I like having them separate, its kind of nice.

As far as I know there is not a way to map/re-map these keys, which is a shame. . .

lauren25 no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Shortcut Keys

I got this from another thread. If you use a third party app like Pocket Day, you can have up to 10 applications assigned to hotkeys, and you can change the letters the open the default apps like the messages, or the calendar.
    ~Lauren

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27

the reason they can't be re-mapped is because they are built into the programming of the BB OS...also they can't be re-mapped because they want every user to be able to pick a blackberry and use it like they used their previous one or for new BB user if they ever need help how would you help them if you've remapped all your functions and can't remember the originals

there are many scenarios as to why the wouldn't allow re-mapping...imagine you sit down to your friends computer but he doesn't use a qwerty keyboard instead he uses the original Dvorak simplified keyboard setup which allows you to type way faster than on a qwerty once you learn it; except you won't be able to use it well because nothing is where you expect it to be.

tj2311111 Guest

How do you turn off dialing from the home screen to access the hot keys?

lauren25 no está en línea Stack level 5

Phone options> Turn off dialing from home screen.
    ~Lauren