Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I am running on .152 and the battery life STILL isnt all that great... Trying ... BlackBerry Curve forum

in4am0spun no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24ABA5D2

Advertisement

I am running on .152 and the battery life STILL isnt all that great... Trying to NOT abuse the phone as I did with the 8320 doing roughly 300+ messages a day (sms,aim, and bbm) w/ about 1-2 hrs talk time and went like 2 days w/o charging before it fell in2 "the red zone"

the battery life on the 8900 still drops to 50%-ish (from 11AM to about 2-3AM).. and thats with no usage of the media player, and not txting half as much, i basically stop using aim and bbm, but my talk time went up.. hopefully RIM comes out with an offical update... seeing with all the KNOWN issues on the .152 and the battery

lets see how the weekends workout w/ the all nighters

wblovett no está en línea Stack level 2

Really?!

Quote Originally Posted by bajanbastard View Post
    Yes the battery life of my 8900 is nothing compared to my 8320. The OS updates have improved it somewhat but still i get roughly 6-8 hours. I'm not the average user however my 8900 is an extra body part and is always in use.
    I'm getting 2.5 days of battery life on my 8900, with 100+ emails per day and significant time spent on internet and phone. I also have an auto-refreshing weather app and google sync that connect throughout the day to update. Glad I didn't get a battery-sucking monster like I keep reading about.

s4berry no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by wblovett View Post
    I'm getting 2.5 days of battery life on my 8900, with 100+ emails per day and significant time spent on internet and phone. I also have an auto-refreshing weather app and google sync that connect throughout the day to update. Glad I didn't get a battery-sucking monster like I keep reading about.
    What!?? 2.5 days? I have as much email and internet usage, plus BBM and facebook app usage. And I really don't talk at all on my phone. And I'm down to one or half of one bar left by 6-7pm. So basically my battery will only last 12 hours before it starts going critical.

I did have my wifi on all day, but will be turning that off when I'm not at home and see if that helps.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Oh man, this saddens me . I guess i'm gonna have to buy a car charger and spare battery if all these complaints are true. I hope the AT&T version's a whole lot better than Tmobile's
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

Dabbill no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24ADC49A
    I have .152 installed on mine. Just left it sitting for close to 12 hours with the keys locked, bluetooth and wifi on. Battery still shows 100%.

labevlol no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    BREEEEEE
    I'm on day 23. 2-3 fone calls a day 3/400 text emails and wifi when at home or other areas. I have a hard time keeping my fone running at the end of the day. I haven't upgraded the os. Will this help me? I bricked my 8310 last time. Garyf had to hold my hand ~via smartphone~

amf14 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Hi guys! Just got my 8900 4 days ago. My first BB (iPhone user here) and still learning the ropes.

Bought it Thursday evening. Fully charged it overnight. Played with it till Sunday evening (charging occasionally via USB as I was syncing via a Mac). There was a time when from fully charged, played with it all day (wifi on. Cell signal 1-2 bars only inside the house) starting at about 9am till about 10-11pm and the batt level was down to only 85% (no partial charges in between). Great battery life I guess.

Today, Monday, my 8900 was fully charged when I pulled it off the charger at about 10am. I went off to work at about 12nn, put it in the OEM pouch and drove away (with wifi off). A few SMS and BB messenger uses (no calls) and checked the batt at about 3:30pm and the level was down to 90%! There's something wrong here. The problem with the pouch I'm reading from various forums may be true indeed.

I can confirm that my 8900 goes to standby when inside the pouch and I tried squeezing it to see if key presses will wake it up. No, it stays on standby. I then went to Option->Password->Lock Handheld Upon Holstering->No (previously a Yes).

Drove my car at around 7pm, checked the batt and it was only at 85%! I turned GPS on and started bbtracker to test the GPS. I was at home at about 10pm and with bbtracker on and recording a track, the batt level was down to just 70%! It's already 1am here, Tuesday, and been playing with it since 10pm (wifi on, 15 min messenger chat, installed iskoot, tested Skype, GPS on and the batt is down to only 60%!

In short I would surmise with my limited experience that Option->Password->Lock Handheld Upon Holstering->Yes would unnecessarily drain the battery. For those who experiences this abnormal behavior using the pouch, do you have Option->Password->Lock Handheld Upon Holstering->Yes?

I'm on OS .133.

Thanks! And forgive me for this long post.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    An update: I upgraded to OS 4.5.0.124, switched back to my Seidio Extended OEM sized-battery, charged it all night last night and up until 12 PM this afternoon, and have the following usage:

BBM: All day
    JiveTalk (aka BeeJive): All day
    E-mail: All day
    Backlight Brightness: 10 %
    Backlight Timeout: 10 seconds
    LED Indicator: Off
    WiFi Indicator: Off
    Auto On/Off: Off at 4 AM and On at 5 AM
    1-5 calls a day averaging 2-5 minutes
    BlueTooth: Off
    2-3 games/day
    Checking PinStack and Upoc daily
    Check MySpace and FaceBook
    Minimal texting
    No media usage

It's now 5 PM and I'm still around 80% (only one battery bar has been used).
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 02-19-2009 at 06:58 PM.

BiggDaddyDutch no está en línea Stack level 3
    do the newest update it will fix that for sure.
    Cheers
    BiggDaddy
    my thumbs hurt.......

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    After seeing the battery life of the G1, I will never complain about the battery life of my 8900 again!!
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

peterme no está en línea Stack level 3
    My solution for now: modify my old 8320 pouch. It has more room, so keys are not pressed as easily. I cut a small slot and pulled out the magnet, in case that was a problem too. And to protect the Send/End keys from being pressed, I insert the phone in the holster backwards, so the ball is not recessed in the grove. This gives the Send/End keys a bit of protection, as pressing these keys will turn on the backlight even when the phone is in Standby mode or is locked. The pouch I got with my 8900 is very tight, and it has ball-groves (and maybe magnets) on both sides.

bglawrence no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2746CB17
    never dropping below 4 bars a day. Using .152 OS. Wifi and UMA all day. Running beejive, and viigo in background 24/7. occasional browsing, 50 emails a day, Facebook app 10 times a day, BB Messenger several times a day. Not noticing any significant battery consumption. Better than flip and Storm, about the same as 8310. Even though its an 8900 I am using Seidio Holster BB8300AS, which works perfectly.

sting.kl no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24FB3200
    Does the current batch of 3rd party themes consume more energy? I noticed that they generally make mine warmer around the keyboard area.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123