Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So I'm like a little kid playing with my newly upgraded 4.5OS for my phone. ... BlackBerry Curve forum

GaDawgs no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24a55bb

Severe battery drain!

Advertisement

So I'm like a little kid playing with my newly upgraded 4.5OS for my phone. Loving every minute, everything is running perfectly. So a couple days pass and I notice my battery is draining really fast. I was thinking it was due to me playing with my new toy. Well I go to work where I can't use my phone 4 at least 6hrs. Iknow I completely charged my phone before I went to work, but when I finally got a chance to check my phone at least 6-7hrs later I find it was completely drained! Anyone experience this with the new 4.5 OS? I have the newest 4.5 OS. And this never happened with my old 4.2 OS. Any fixes? Help please!

Thanx
    GaDawgs.

mikemunoz no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2451368F
    Well, what kind of 3rd party apps you have? Are you using the menu to exit out of apps or just hitting the big red button?

My berry has not been on a charger for 18 hours. I talked on it, texted my @$$ off all day, sent/received emails off three accounts plumbed in it, hit m.espn a few times and have had music playing through it for the last 3 or 4 hours.......

My battery = 55%

shtam28 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have the same problem as well. When I am on the old os 4.2, my battery lasted for 2 days with consistent usage. Now it won't last even an one day. If anybody has a fix, I would like to know as well.

Thanks

PIN/ID
    24a55bb
    I have the same apps when I was running 4.2. I made sure all apps were closed properly and I tried a battery pull with no success!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

PIN/ID
    24a55bb
    When I was running 4.2 I didn't have to charge for over a day! Now after a full charge I have to charge again within 5hrs with no use on the phone! If I forget to charge my phone while I sleep I'm screwed!

PIN/ID
    24a55bb
    v4.5.0.52 (Platform 2.7.0.66) more info!!

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    What Phone!?

PIN/ID
    24a55bb
    My bad 8300

Firedragon64 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2576A7A6
    Upgrade to the higher version of 4.5, version 4.5.0.75 I believe, it's from Orange. I upgraded to that version and haven't had such problems. I know that the Bold has some severe problems with particular versions of it's experimental OS, including overheating, 1 hour battery, no network connectivity. All of this is because of the OS and how it uses the hardware. Upgrade to 4.5.0.75 and let me know if it helps you, also feel free to PIN me, as I might be able to help you further.

beeutiful37 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2423D702
    Having the same issues with battery firedragon-do u know the link to 4.5.0.75? I am using 4.5.0.55 right now and battery draining is awful-~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

beeutiful37 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2423D702
    Oh-lol-i have the 8320~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    2576A7A6

Lightbulb Update

Quote Originally Posted by beeutiful37 View Post
    Oh-lol-i have the 8320~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ilanguage.html

That will take you to the right place, let me know how it works! Feel free to PIN me and let me know.

PIN/ID
    2576A7A6
    Also I would like to add that with 4.5.0.75 with my 8120, I've increased my memory from 2mb free all the time to 15mb!! I didn't think it was possible to have that much memory! It's also helpful that I used the program Crackmem 2 in order to remove the stuff you don't need, in case you don't know how to do that the manual way, but be careful if you like the About screen in options, don't remove your VAD (Voice-Activated Dialing). With that much space and the overall smoother design of this OS the speed of my device comes out, it makes me feel like I have a Bold, seeing how fast a Bold works in videos.

cpk3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have 4.5.0.55..When I installed a 4.5 specific theme my battery life increased back to where it was with 4.2. Also the speed of the device overall is better.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    2576A7A6
    A theme would change the processor usage, but I didn't realize that the general themes could take so much. If you're using your vendor's theme that could cause it, I recommend not doing that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast