I have a hotmail account, and i set that up with my Blackberry 8320, but ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Chain2r no está en línea Stack level 1

Setting Up Email

Advertisement

I have a hotmail account, and i set that up with my Blackberry 8320, but whenever i get a new email, it doesn't show. Help? I just got my blackberry in December.

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a
    How long ago did you set up Hotmail on BIS? It's the mo/ subscription Hotmail right? Did you try sending service books?
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!

Chain2r no está en línea Stack level 1
    no its not the monthly subscription. Would i need GMAIL for the email thing to work?

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    Hotmail accounts don't usually work on the BB unless you have a paid hotmail account. Yahoo, and Google work well.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Don LuiG no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by Chain2r View Post
    no its not the monthly subscription. Would i need GMAIL for the email thing to work?
    gmail works awesome i get mine instantly there is one thing that gets on peoples nerve and it sends you a copy of the email you write to your phone but is simple to solve all you have to do is set up a filter for it on your account not the gmail account but on your carriers account where you set up your email and it fixes this problem just though i give you heads up on it if you end up getting gmail

jaesternbach no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b04967
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I had hotmail previously and recently switched over to gmail, due to the fact that gmail will forward messages to your bb instantly! Hotmail will do the same but for a fee which really sucks. Gmail is really good at sending your messages right when you receive them, as to not have any lost or not retreived emails. Give gmail a try....

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27
    there is a program in the download section of this forum called GetMail...this program will help you get your hotmail e-mails forwarded to you without having the monthly subscription...hope this helps...post back with any questions or let us know if it worked for you