I have a lot of ringtones and music, and I was wanting to find out ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Mysterio2783 no está en línea Stack level 1

Setting Custom Ringtones Quickly?

Advertisement

I have a lot of ringtones and music, and I was wanting to find out if there was a faster way to set a custom ringtone for a contact without scrolling through every tone? I know u can skip right to the bottom or top of the list, but of course with my luck its usually in the middle. Thanks for any help.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

brianjr1988 no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    mysterio if u dont wanna go threw the list makesure the tone part in the profile is highlighted and hit the keys on the bb it will change other then that there is no way to set them faster inless u move em all onto mem card and then make a folder called song/ringtones and move them over there and for the default ringtones folder but the tones u use most for ringtones or fav ones there so the list wont be so big

Wow that actually works good lol. Now, can you change it so when you are typing in the profile for a custom ringtone, it looks through your music instead of ringtones?

mizmellyjelly no está en línea Stack level 3
    Mysterio I think the fastest way in that case is when you're switching the ringtones in 'Profile', and then the list of ringtones pop up, you can hit "t" so that it automatically scrolls to the top of the list, then select browse and then select wherever you save your music.

*edit* actually scratch that I figured out this one. Thank you for the help.
    Last edited by Mysterio2783; 06-11-2009 at 11:36 PM.

BestWitted no está en línea Stack level 7
    You can move your mp3's to another folder you create.....or any other folder.....I use a free app called BBFileScout....it provides a lot of flexibility in handling any BB file. Don't think you can rename the mp3 file though.....I'll have to look.

edit.

OK.....BBFile Scout will also allow you to rename your mp3's
    "We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
    Enjoying life in Lehi, UT with my BB 9780 on ATT

BestWitted no está en línea Stack level 7
    Check out this thread for BBFileScout
    http://forums.pinstack.com/f227/bbfilescout_powerful_free_file_system_manager_text-104032/

One correction though......it is "Donation-Ware" and not Free-Ware....If you like the app......you may want to donate.....
    "We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
    Enjoying life in Lehi, UT with my BB 9780 on ATT