My service was working fine last night. This morning, I discovered that I am on ... BlackBerry Curve forum

MishCPC no está en línea Stack level 1

Service Problem? GSM!

Advertisement

My service was working fine last night. This morning, I discovered that I am on GSM with four bars and tried rebooting with no luck.

I contacted the Tmobile customer care to find out if there was a service problem in my area. Turned out there wasn't any problems and my account is active. They tried refreshing my network to no avail.

The rep said it is possibly my sim card. I just want to ask you all for suggestions before I take it in to get my sim card tested.

Help?

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    Hi Mish, It could be a SIM card issue. Did you take the battery ou with the phone ON? sometimes this hep. but there is some confustion about "Re-Booting" a blackberry. On the Curve you may hold down the ALT key, the Right shif key and hit the delete key. this will do a restart that is close to a battery pull.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

Hi pda.teck

Yes, I have tried taking the battery out with the phone on and did the soft reset alt-rightshift-delete. Nothing worked. DRAT!!!! Must be sim card then. Just find it odd it was working just fine with no problems then boom its no good.

Thanks anyway!

PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    Quote Originally Posted by MishCPC View Post
    Hi pda.teck

Yes, I have tried taking the battery out with the phone on and did the soft reset alt-rightshift-delete. Nothing worked. DRAT!!!! Must be sim card then. Just find it odd it was working just fine with no problems then boom its no good.

Thanks anyway!
    Yes it is rough when they stop working. But then nothing ever gives warning prior to malfunctioning, with the exception of car starters ( And then only sometimes). So I am kind of at a loss for the "Find it Odd" Part. Some where some one has statred this myth that what ever works once will work forever. Not true. Sorry this kind of got rantish. I hear this every day on the phone, and with PCs which I do on the side.
    Last edited by pda.teck; 04-01-2008 at 11:31 AM.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

Ok, this is weird. The service started back up on its own. It kept going back and forth between GPRS and EDGE. However, I'm still able to send emails, receive emails, and browse internet. Is this a service problem or my sim card still? ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    Ok, this is weird. The service started back up on its own. It kept going back and forth between GPRS and EDGE. However, I'm still able to send emails, receive emails, and browse internet. Is this a service problem or my sim card still? ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Sounds like a Service problem, but remember the SIM card is what contains your information as to what service you have. So the next step is to try a Known working SIM card. It could even be a Software issue witrh the phone. But a SIM test is quicker to be sure.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

thagame911 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Mine was doing the same also last night. I'm also with T-Mobile so it must be an service problem and not your SIM card.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    TMobile is currently in and has been in the process of upgrading their towers nationwide for 3G service, so it may have been an issue with that.

We are experiencing issues here with that as well over the last few days.

Where are you located?